An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Am done

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Pack, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Pack

Pack Member

Been up all fuckin night on it can't sleep won't sleep till tonight fuckin well fucked off
    Goin round the bend
    its every where you go and everyone is on it
    It's bad for ya but still. An stay off it for months but keep on havin blow outs
    Gonna have to quit the beer aswell propper gutted
    Anyone done it and stayed of it ?
  2. Brokengirl

Brokengirl Member

I’m really struggling but if I give in I start from day one. (These wise words are from @deanokat a second a minute a day a week it’s all time off it.)Don’t let this blow out stop you trying to get clean. Start again I’m wishing you strength for this war against cocaine. Don’t look back on your relapse look forward with hope. If you need someone to talk to I’m here.
    deanokat likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Member

I was cocaine free for 4 years. Relapsed last year (2016) and I have not been able to atop using it ever since. I dont use it daily but when I do, it brakes my family’s stability, everything goes to **** and my wife and son are suffering. I cant stop. Im also bipolar and the use triggers mania and other unstable behaviors.
    Its only a matter of time before my wife leaves me.
    I am powerless and tired.
    I have done rehab, meetings, church. Nothing seems to work.
    I would love to hear about someone else’s experience and how they are coping with it.
  4. Pack

Pack Member

Just had a slip gonna just try again hopefully this time I can stay of it for good thanks broken girl
    Diego mate I suffer with mental issues aswell
    It's hard to live with sometimes hard to talk about
    tbh
    hope you can sort it out mate honest Fingers crossed for ya and you broken girl do the same for me
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Brokengirl and Diego like this.
  5. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Sending you positive, sober vibes, @Pack. And lots of encouragement and hope. I know you can do this!
  6. Diego

Diego Member

Thank you!
    We need to support each other and stay strong.
    We can all overcome this. I want to be here to share, but also to give a little bit of encourangement and hope to my fellow addicts.
    We have an addiction, but the addiction doesn’t have us. We need to start changing from within...
    Change our mentally. And then the physical part begins.
    I know it can be a bit harder when you have a mental condition, but again, we have a condition, but the condition doesn’t have us. We are strong and capable of overcoming everything.
    I’ve only got 11 days clean.
    Im afraid that the “stinking thinking” might sneak up on me and I might relapse. But Im trying to stay positive. Thanks again mate!
  7. Diego

Diego Member

Oh my friend. I feel your pain. Been there many times. I know how horrible it is. It turns into a dungeon, a cage of endless craving and suffering.
    I cannot express how much I suffer when I use.
    Im also a “binger”. That’s the worst kind of addict.
    The full blown out mania of using can be worst than everyday use.
    I am currently seeking help from my psyquiatrist to be put on medication to help me with the cravings.
    I can only wish you good luck on your recovery. I feel for you and want you to know that you matter and whatever is making you use, can be overcome. You just need to find the right approach. We all differ in how we use and how it affects our life. I hope you can find the help you need. Please share and post if you feel like venting. I’d love to hear from you and perhaps help you with a few words of hope.
    I’ve got 11 days clean. It ain’t much, but its a start. If I can do it, anybody can. I have been using cocaine since I was 18. Im now 35.
    God bless you my friend.
  8. Marie1221

Marie1221 Member

I know the feeling. I went over two weeks without my weekend alcohol/cocaine binge, thought I could hold out, but you put it infront of my face and I can't say no. I've gone through a lot of substance abuse phases, I don't really have a drug of choice, but this current habit is hard to kick. I think I finally understand I can't hang around friends use and stay clean myself. It's hard, I'm still trying. Hoping this time it sticks, sick and tired of being sick and tired.
  9. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Marie1221... You're right: If you can't say no when you're around drugs or alcohol, then you have to stay away from it. If that means staying away from friends who use, then that's what you have to do. Yes, it's hard. But you have to put yourself at the top of your priority list. You have to do what's best for YOU.

I'm sending you lots of positive, clean & sober vibes. And tons of hope and encouragement. You can do this. I know you can.