An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Am I worried about nothing??

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Jw23, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Jw23

Jw23 Member

my girlfriend has only been out drinking once in two years because she has always believed that if she drinks it will make me want to drink, I have never stopped her from drinking obviously but she's going on a hen do and is now telling me she wants to go out more which worries me, wether it's because of the drinking, maybe I'm abit jealous I don't know but I'm just use to being with her all the time, is it normal for me to worry? I know her drinking won't affect me from staying sober, but her drinking regularly is something I don't think I'm comfortable with am I just being stupid? I have put her through a lot do I even have a right to be worried, annoyed etc??
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Jw23... I don't think you're being stupid at all. And what you're worrying about is perfectly normal. Have you been honest with your girlfriend about how her drinking regularly makes you feel? Just curious. Maybe if you sat down and had a heart-to-heart conversation with her about it, she'd understand and you could work out some kind of compromise or something. Just a thought.

Keep doing the next right thing. Your sobriety is awesome!