An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

An Effective Solvent

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by pstrong1969, Sep 3, 2015.

1. pstrong1969

pstrong1969 Community Champion

Alcohol is a product of amazing versatility. It will remove stains from designer clothes.
    It will also remove the clothes off your back. If it is used in sufficient quantity.
    Alcohol will remove furniture from the home. Rugs from the floor, food from the table, Lining from the stomach, vision from eyes.
    And judgement from the mind. Alcohol will remove good reputations, Good jobs, good friends, happiness from children's hearts. Sanity, freedom, spouses, relationships.
    Man's ability to adjust and live with his fellow man, And even life itself.
    As a remover of things, alcohol has no equal.
    norms options likes this.
  2. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

I love the way you did that.
    My father used to use vodka to get out the yellow stains on his work shirts.
    So picking up a big bottle at the store wasn't abnormal at all, however he drank more of it then anything.
    This removed a lot of good things from my life, as did my prior affair with the demon drink.
  3. L_B

L_B Community Champion

This is very well written and tells the truth of what alcohol abuse really does to the addict and their family. You have a great way with words!
  4. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I like how you presented your thoughts, it's quite creative. I think that alcohol can just really destroy lives, period. It should be avoided by everyone since it has no good benefits whatsoever.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  5. AFKATafcar

AFKATafcar Community Champion

That's an incredible way to describe alcohol. Yes, it's useful! But yes, it can do terrible things to human beings, and that's a big problem that many people fail to realize. Casual drinking can turn into something worse, and before long alcohol can become the most destructive force in a given person's life. Alcohol destroys 99% of the time rather than creating anything good like opportunities or other things.
  6. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Very nice put, alcohol is indeed one of the best solvents ever... it can dissolve everything you love. Something to think about when feeling weak willed, right? Fortunately I can no longer handle alcohol so well, so I drink maybe once or twice a year if ever. But yes, drinking made me do some of the most stupid things ever, I made a fool out of myself so many times, said so many ridiculous things... So glad I no longer drink.
  7. norms options

norms options Active Contributor

Alcohol can definitely ruin your life, and in some situations, even end it. You have put it very well and summed it up concisely in your post, and this is something that we cannot be reminded of too often. I struggled with alcohol in the past but have been blessed with the ability to give it up before it caused me any major health issues. I am sure I was on my way to developing some of the serious effects that alcohol can cause if I would have continued to use at the rate I was going. I thank the Lord for giving me the power and desire to be sober.
  8. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

That is a great piece you put together and so very true. Some people do not realize the power of alcohol until it has such a tight grip on them that they can't get away from it. I am going to share you poem/saying with a couple of people I know.