An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Antipsychotic abuse

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by missbishi, Mar 17, 2015.

1. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Antipsychotic medications like Zyprexa and Seroquel have the ability to knock you out quite safely and quickly so it's no surprise to hear that they are sometimes taken recreationally, especially in situations where people wish to "come down" from other drugs like speed or MDMA.

Hoever, few people realize that they have some pretty severe side effects - so severe in fact that those taking these medications out of genuine need often have to take additional medication to deal with them. Muscle stiffness, tremors, breast enlargement in men and weigh gain are all commonly reported side effects, with the drugs also carrying a risk of seizure.

However tempting they may seem, the potential side effects mean you should really only take these drungs under medical supervision.
  2. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

It would not be good to take it while standing or, sitting in the car as you may be out for a long time and could cause a accident which would not be good. I would have to be careful if ever I had to take this,as this could effect my body and also could cause other problems that are unwanted in the body. I think, some medications have effects and these drugs are also quite strong and not good for the health which is going to make changes and have bad side effects.
  3. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

There are a lot of law suits against the company that makes Seroquel. I listened to a friend talk about what that drug made him do. It is not a good one. I wouldn't take these at all when you are done you will be worse off.
  4. sbatz72

sbatz72 Active Contributor

Oh, tell me about it. I was prescribed Zyprexa. I was on it for quite some time. I always had a great sleep when taking it. However, I am one of those people who needs an extra hour or two in every 24 hour period. I did not like taking it for this reason. I slept way too much. I think it might be a leading cause in my weight gain also. I just always felt like I got nothing accomplished in my life while taking Zyprexa. I want to feel everyday like I accomplished a little something, no matter how small, because this gives me a great sense of pride.
  5. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Community Champion

I don't know if I'd call taking pills to minimize the effects of MDMA recreational use. But yes, I've taken them off label in the past for the purpose of passing out before.