An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Any bad experience with alcohol.

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Devking, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Devking

Devking Member

I feel first time that alcohol has some disadvantages too when I was 21. My uncle and me both drunk more alcohol in a party.When we was returning my uncle was driving the car. Suddenly My uncle lost his balance and our car hit to a tree on side of road. My left leg had broken in this accident and my uncle had some minor injuries in head. It was my very bad experience with alcohol. Have you any bad experience with alcohol ?
  2. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Senior Contributor

I have had a quite a few scary nights with alcohol. Waking up to find that I puked in my bed and had no recollection of it is one.
  3. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Many, many scary nights and not because of me drinking but being with people who were. There has been fights, accidents, hospital visits, etc. But yet these people continue to drink. I know quite a few people who have died in accidents because of drinking and driving. It is very sad. Most of them were so young. Alcohol can do so much damage to people's lives.
  4. Widow

Widow Member

I think one of the most scariest things about alcohol is blacking out. I know I've done it myself a few times. I have several friends that have gotten themselves into a lot of legal trouble due to drinking. They've said mean and hurtful things to ones that they love. They've gotten violent with not only adults but children as well. They never seem to remember it the next day!
  5. Shenwil

Shenwil Senior Contributor

Wow, it's a good thing there were no casualties. I've never had a bad experience with alcohol but I have heard a lot of horror stories. Maybe that's why I don't drink as much.
  6. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Well, I have had a couple of times where my head was seriously spinning, and one time where I threw up. I suppose my experiences were minor compare to most of yours, but it made me never want to go beyond tipsy again. I didn't enjoy it one bit!
  7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

That was pretty terrible. It's a good thing that both of you have survived. That would definitely serve as a lesson to you and your uncle now. Anyway, I didn't have any experience like that before, and hopefully wouldn't have to encounter such a thing in the future.
  8. L_B

L_B Community Champion

This is probably a big one. Some peek become violent and mean when they drink too much. Many pros have been the victim of abuse by somebody who had too much to drink. The next day the person claims to not remember what happened but I am not convinced they don't. Either way alcohol changes people and have destroyed many people's lives. Alcohol is not an excuse to abuse anybody.
  9. 6up

6up Community Champion

I remember when I used to drink how we could often fight with my friends. I one time used the money that I was supposed to pay for rent to drink alcohol which made me to be evicted. Many drivers have died while driving under influence of alcohol. Some people have lost their jobs because of drinking too much.
  10. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Once a long time ago, I came to home drunk. When I was in home, our dog came running to welcome me. In my drunkenness, I held the dog very tight.Perhaps, I hurt him so he bit me. I was injured badly.
  11. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

Blacking out, not remembering how I got places, not remembering what I did for multiple hours, vomiting - including vomiting at work events that I had (super embarrassing)...there are so many things that I just wish I could take back. I can assure y'all that I learned so much from it though and it's a huge part of the reason that I will never go back.
  12. Mara

Mara Community Champion

Well, I wouldn't say that my bouts with alcohol were bad. I'd say that they're quite hilarious. And embarrassing to say the least. BUT, I've been into situations that you might categorize as bad, not because I was drunk, but because my friends were drunk. They've been involved with fist fights and all sorts of shenanigans and I was there to witness them all. I stopped hanging out with them because of that.
  13. henry

henry Community Champion

Same thing happened to me, except nobody got hurt. After a heavy night of drinking, a friend of mine fell asleep at the wheel. I was so busy yapping that I didn't notice the guy fell asleep till I saw he wasn't slowing down at an intersection. I just jumped on my seat and shook him yelling, "Wake the hell up!!" The car crashed and the windshield went flying. I was surprised it didn't break or anything. Anyway, he never drove drunk again since that night. Goes to show that sometimes bad things happen just to wake you up.
  14. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I've had many that I don't like to reflect on. But in a way I do because Christ redeemed me so I have no desire for it at all anymore. That's what happens when you drink. You lose good judgment! I'm glad your wreck wasn't worse.
  15. Hozyboy

Hozyboy Active Contributor

I had my first alcoholic drink when I was around 6 years old. My father was an alcoholic at that time and he thought it would make me be more of a man to take an alcoholic drink. So he gave me around two glasses of palm wine and my head was spinning after that. I has to sleep the whole day to get rid of the dizziness I felt.

I was a naughty boy and so I also took some sips of drunks fron the fridge my father kept them. Or finished the drinks he left unfinished.
  16. Hozyboy

Hozyboy Active Contributor

Not personally but I saw my uncle come to our house with a bursted lip. It was not an ordinary burst but the whole lower lip had been torn off and the lower teeth were showing.
    He was so bloody. He got into a fight that he could not handle.

Another uncle of mine took poison to try and kill himself because of wife problems. I had to stay in the hospital for some days and I hated it. The problem is that they are usually full aware of what they are doing but are too irrational to decide otherwise.
  17. kjmusicus

kjmusicus Member

As a single woman out with friends one night, I was slipped a "roofie". Someone had placed a powdered substance on top of a drink that I had been offered. I don't remember anything until the following morning, when I woke up in my own bed without my shoes, purse, or cell phone. I was terrified. I ended up calling a friend who regaled the whole embarrassing tale to me that morning. I had completely humiliated myself at the club we were at, and my friends ended up carrying me to the car after we had been asked to leave. I never drank again.
  18. remnant

remnant Community Champion

I remember drinking with a friend in a pub. It was getting late and he suggested that we call it a day. I convinced him that the place was too good to leave in a hurry. At some point he became drowsy and leaned on the table. When he came to, he vomited on the table. As he was being ejected, I followed him. He was robbed of his phone and in the altercation that followed, I lost a tooth.
  19. MoonXie

MoonXie Member

I think the most embarrassing one was waking up in someones front garden and them waking me up and asking if I wanted a glass of water. What made it worse was that my friend was sleeping their car bonnet. That's when I decided to make a change.
  20. FenWoFon

FenWoFon Active Contributor

Last time I got completly wrong I started talking to agirl and told her a lot of things that I should not have told her, it was the worst moment of my life, thank god I asked her not to tell that to anyone.