An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Any bad experience with alcohol.

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by Devking, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Well, I never had a a truly bad experience while drunk, but my bio dad did. He almost ends up dead, because he tried to jump onto a truck when he was very drunk. That truck dragged him for a bit... he ended up in the hospital for weeks. They thought he'd only live a couple months, but here he is.
  2. sillylucy

sillylucy Community Champion

I have had many bad experiences with alcohol. Sleeping in my car because my friend and I were too drunk to drive. We slept in a parking lot at Jack in the Box. Throwing up and blacking out. I was pushing the throw up down a sink and didn't even know how I got there. Wondered if someone saw me stumbling around.
  3. ejorman1010

ejorman1010 Senior Contributor

Fortunately, I haven't had any serious experiences with alcohol consumption. Outside of some wobbly moments and some serious hangovers the next morning, I haven't had too many bad experiences with alcohol. Thankfully both of you guys survived the car accident.
  4. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I can't say mine was as bad as this. But I do remember drinking a lot one night and waking up with a mean hangover. The worst thing is I had to go to work the next day. I was drinking 211 steel reserve and this was two 40 ounces. I end up at work eating slim jims because I heard meat absorbs alcohol and it wasn't working. I was just full with a headache. I never did that again.
  5. rjs5248

rjs5248 Member

More than I can count...but I think the most unnerving one was when I woke up the next morning alone...in a car...on the side of the street. The car was filled with water because it had apparently stormed and there was a leak in the floor, and I had no idea where I was or what street I was on, or even why I was in a car in the first place. I had no idea where my phone was (found out later I had somehow smashed it) and I was apparently 5 miles from my house with no car. Hands down, one of the worst experiences I have ever had. Especially since the friends I had been with were the ones who left me in that car...