New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Any Former Adderall Users Here?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine / Meth' started by tomservo, Jan 29, 2016.

1. tomservo

tomservo Member

Just curious how many members on this forum have experience with Adderall use and/or addiction. I honestly haven't touched the stuff in over 10 years, but these days they are saying it's basically prescription meth. Just curious what others might have to say about their experiences with it. I have never tried street meth, so I don't know if it's comparable to Adderall. I always felt that Adderall was some strange mix between cocaine and LSD.
  2. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I haven't ever taken it, but I think it is widely used and abused on college campuses. People often need to study, and also want to stay slim so it is something that is widely used. It is also readily available, and people think they can stop whenever they want. so I can see how it has become a major issue.
    tomservo likes this.
  3. tomservo

tomservo Member

I have also heard these things, and I've even seen a few short documentaries on Youtube about this phenomenon amongst college kids. Thanks for the input, but still curious if anyone else here has personal experience with it.
  4. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

Out of curiosity, what made the experience similar to LSD? To me, Adderall feels very clean. It's more of a background stimulation that increases my focus and willingness to complete tasks. I also get light euphoria from it. The only annoying side effect that I get is an incredibly dry mouth, which is a common side effect from amphetamines.
  5. tomservo

tomservo Member

The way my body felt was similar, and sometimes it would cause me to hallucinate, but that was also no doubt in part due to the lack of sleep I was getting.
  6. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

I never tried it but I had three friends in high school that used Adderall a lot. They would snort it like it was cocaine. They said it gave them energy.
  7. Yup had it once during college when the stress levels were high and I needed something to motivate me to get through all those assignments. Again it is pretty effective if you want to take it once a while when the going gets tough, but not everyday.
  8. SHARONA

SHARONA Member

9. SHARONA

SHARONA Member

I am prescribed to adderrall and have also done Meth. a few times. They are alot alike as far as how they make you feel. You cant sleep, you feel happy, extra. I am now learning though that adderrall can also cause psychosis and delusions and make you feel things that arent there like meth does. It hasnt happened to me but its happening to my husband. You would think that prescription drugs would be safe. I mean adderrall is not made from sudafed, batteries, and things under a sink. My niece was shooting meth and ended up getting MRSA she almost died. She went through 3 surgeries because the infection was in her hip bone. I pray she will never do it again. I will not touch adderrall again after reading everything that I have today.
  10. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@SHARONA i'm glad you will never touch adderrall or meth again... and that you're educating yourself on these things... for you and your husband. i do hope your husband finds relief soon from his withdrawal symptoms.
  11. Nathanial1994

Nathanial1994 Member

I was prescribed adderrall and that is actually what led to my meth use. I wanted it and felt like i needed more. I am 23. Ive spent almost 7 yrs in prison because of drugs, if you are strong enough to stay away from it all then take advantage of that strength. There are a lot of people who struggle with staying away from that lifestyle, no matter how hard they try.
    Dominica likes this.
  12. Dominica

Thanks for sharing, Nathanial
  13. Ru y

Ru y Member

Adderall is the only thing that keeps me from going back to cooking & using meth. I am seriously at my wits end trying to beat this stimulant addiction. It seems like I will never get out of it. Doctors are no help. They prescribed me Adderall after numerous anti depressants didn't work. If I don't have so.e sort of amphetamine I only sleep, cry & sleep more...
  14. Dominica

@Ru y hi there. thanks for sharing. i'm sorry you are struggling to get off Adderall. have you thought of attending some sort of extended treatment center? maybe getting through the detox stage with some support might help and eventually you'd feel better.... i know it's challenging... and i wish there was something i could do to help...

here if you just need to share...
  15. Blondie1979

Blondie1979 Member

I currently will get some Adderall whenever it's available & I have the extra money.
    Technically Adderall is mixed amphetamine salts. Dexedrine is dextroamphetamine and Designs is methamphetamine.
    I also have used street methamphetamine. Its pretty good. As long as you can get some really cooked really well. I live in Florida. My best friend is from South Carolina. They have some decent meth. Personally I like to snort. I have tried smoking it, that's not really+ my thing. When snorting, that first bump or line will burn just enough to make your eye watc
  16. Dominica

@Blondie1979 hey there. thanks for sharing. i've never used adderall or meth... i'm terrified of drugs... i do hope you are careful, as it can be very dangerous.
    Blondie1979 likes this.
  17. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I was put on ritalin in the early 80's at the age of 6 until 18,At 18 i stopped ritalin and quickly found meth,yes adderall as well and from first hand addiction to all these and other substance's they are exactly the same thing.The difference is simple meth you select the size of the line,pills come pre set to a certain quantity even though you can obviously take as many as you choose.The Adderall-ritalin discussion versus meth is one im very passionate about,for a reason parent's and professional's rarely consider.Ask yourselves to think ahead to puberty and imagine giving your child a prescription of "Meth" to allow them to focus,now try to consider the confusion that will cause as your child's brain and body start the transition into adulthood.I'm here to tell you the damage in this time frame is virtually irreversible and when your young adult eliminate's the pill they are left in a world of mass confusion they will struggle with for a lifetime.I am one of those people who lived this scenario and I'm finally starting to figure out how to function as well as offer help to other's but at great cost to myself.I have actually been pronounced dead in a hospital and a nurse's plea to try and restart my heart one more time before they covered my face with that white sheet is why im able to chime in.I beg you all to reconsider the benefits of the focus it gives you because it will eventually take your life and focus is not worth death.You can beat this,im rooting for each and everyone of you.God bless you all you can make a difference
  18. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I understand your struggle it's a very difficult thing when you allow your mind to sober up,i struggled with amphetamines for over 20 year's so i get it,what im going to offer is my honest explanation of why I would do the same as far as crying and sleeping,first after so many year's of upper abuse none stop your body is absolutely exhausted,when i quite using i slept for nearly two week's straight i woke up to eat,restroom,cry,back to sleep.Now that I'm actually sober i understand where the tears come from.For me it was unbearable shame,unthinkable act's,unimaginable hurt not just to myself but i could actually feel the pain i had caused other's around me,i actually understood the thing's they would point out about my actions,statements,and mania i displayed while intoxicated on meth and or Adderall-ritalin.I was literally ready for war at the drop of a hat,i trusted no one and focused on everyone as a potential enemy.Sober or a day without meth allows you to start to see how absolutely insane i was acting and the easy fix was more of the meth to turn off the care.I'm here to tell you you can stop and the emotional reality is harder than anything you can imagine but it starts to payoff when you see a glance of a loved one that appears to believe in you,and from the first glance you notice of belief it can be used to elevate your diminished self worth,it can be used to lift you up to a level you thought you could never reach.I know this for a fact im living proof this is a story of fact.20 plus years and now i just want to help other's in hope's they will one day help me help them