An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

App for insight and motivation

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Onceaddicted77, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Onceaddicted77

Onceaddicted77 Spam fighting Moderator & Realist Community Listener

2. Onceaddicted77

3. Onceaddicted77

4. Onceaddicted77

5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Community Champion

I can relate. Being aware and acknowledging that I had (past tense) a hard time accepting compliments was a big part of my recovery. This was I’m not enough-ism. Telling the truth about my insecurity led to more truth, that led to more truth, which is in part the learning process. That is why today I have confidence with my opinion, where, I don’t have to defend my opinion, because I can change my opinion which is getting deeper into my truth. As I might have posted, I don’t refer to my viewpoints as my opinion, because it’s a given that it’s my opinion. As far as opinions go, others can agree with my opinion and then I change my mind and now we don’t agree.

All humans are insecure on some level. If I weren’t insecure, I couldn’t learn. If I ceased to forget, where I remembered everything, all the space would be filled-up and there would be no place to go.

A few months ago, Paul MacCartney on 60 Minutes was asked if there’s something that’s not known about him, and he said, “I’m and insecure person”.
    True concern and Onceaddicted77 like this.
  6. True concern

True concern Moderator

I'm starting to get a better understanding of where you are coming from at time's, like Paul McCartney I too am insecure
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  7. True concern

True concern Moderator

8. Onceaddicted77

Its an android thing if you have an app downloaded itll normally ask if you want the link to open up in your browser or the app by default.

If you dont like that you can reset the default under settings.
    True concern likes this.
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

Thank you I will try and fix it
  10. Onceaddicted77

This is really helping me gain a better understanding. I have really been trying to focus on my insecurities and accepting them thus realizing that everybody has them.
  11. Onceaddicted77

12. RSH85

RSH85 Member

I personally use an online dating site and it’s said outright in my profile. “I don’t drink. Doesn’t have to be a big thing, just something I ask people to respect.” Your reasons for not drinking could be anything, and it’s no one’s business as to why you don’t. Especially someone you just met.

I would suggest that you don’t go on dates to places where alcohol is served until you feel stronger in sobriety. Coffee, movies, ice cream, etc are all good options.
  13. Onceaddicted77