An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Apps for Inspiration

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by sammy, Dec 11, 2014.

1. sammy

sammy Active Contributor

2. Charli

Charli Community Champion

Great share thanks! I agree that the Habit List sounds very interesting. I've heard that the best way to reach your goals is to have an outline and a way to track your progress so I'm guessing this helps in that way. I've also seen many meditation apps and I've also downloaded a few free ones but admittedly I kind of just forgot about them after a while.
    sammy likes this.
  3. sammy

sammy Active Contributor

I have tried the Habit app for a few days and I actually stuck with it. have been looking for a good meditation app as well. I found one that was low cost and had great reviews but I forgot to download it when I was looking at it and now can't find it again :( If you have any to recommend, please let me know!
  4. Denise

Denise Member

I'm going to try it..
  5. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

For those who are Tech-savvy, then this is the ultimate app for you. As for me, am a little old school so i prefer going to my counselor whenever i encounter problems or have issues to sort out .
  6. juliaintheclouds

juliaintheclouds Active Contributor

Thanks for posting these. I have never used an app for inspiration but I have used a few apps that use hypnosis for reducing anxiety. They are generally short 20 minutes sessions that are pre-recorded by a trained hypnotist and they are quite relaxing. I highly recommend them for anyone who needs a moment of calm.
  7. notodrugs

notodrugs Community Listener Community Listener

This is nice! Thank you for sharing. I like the idea of bringing along your inspirational apps and refer to them whenever you are dispirited. It is readily accessible which is a great advantage. But it may not be user-friendly to those who are not up-to-date with the gadgets.

What kind of apps do you have for anxiety reduction? Is it just like a session that you can listen to and you don't have to follow anything like lie down, close your eyes and other tasks that may be a bit uncomfortable and inappropriate to do when you are with other people? Thanks in advance to your answers.
  8. megankl

megankl Active Contributor

I downloaded the Post Secret app and I find that it gives me a lot of positive inspiration. It is nice to hear and see other people who are in the same place as you are in life. You see all kinds of struggles on it and it is inspiring seeing to see the things that other people are battling while you are battling your own battles.
  9. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

The habit list does sound like the way to go. You have to replace your addictive treat with something that is much better for you. If you looked forward to coming home from work and having drinks, what can you think of to come home to now? Perhaps a good book or a project you have been working on. I find that it is good to reward yourself with good behavior. I am quitting smoking and so I treat myself to a mocha from the mocha stand everday, and it still works out to be only half the cost of a pack of smokes.
  10. sammy

sammy Active Contributor

I usually check the post secret website once a week and I agree with you. I have sometimes seen secrets posted that make me feel that I am not alone. It has made me realize that no struggle I have is so unique that I can't find someone else who has likely gone through the same and come out of the situation better.
  11. TheKid

TheKid Active Contributor

Wow! Thanks a lot for sharing ! I don't know why I haven't thought of this before it makes so much sense!
  12. crc3thebest

crc3thebest Community Champion

I have fou d that the daily bible app and the New King James Bible (NKJB) app has provided some of the greatest empowerment in my time of trouble. These two apps have brought me out of the brink of struggle, on to a path of victory! God endures with us for God is for us not against us. There is no way I could allow anything to get in my path of victory with God. I hope many will download the word of God to guide them onto their freedom.
  13. lollie

lollie Member

I never thought about downloading any inspirational apps for this matter, but thank you! I have reached out to inspiring instagram and twitter pages/users and that's helped tremendously in staying positive and encouraged. It helps to find someone going through the same things and problems as you.

Thanks for the idea!