An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

ARD Placement

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by brookeemily, Jun 16, 2015.

1. brookeemily

brookeemily Active Contributor

Hey guys. I used to smoke a ton of weed. I dabbed daily for a while and then I started just smoking normal weed for a while. I smoked on campus at my school and got caught one night while I was with my friend. It was honestly the scariest thing that's ever happened to me. Since I haven't gotten in trouble before I was able to do that ARD Program. I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with ARD that they would like to share! I've already gone to court and taken care of everything so now I just have to send my monthly emails.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@brookeemily... Welcome to our community and thanks for sharing.

I don't have any personal experience with ARD programs, but maybe some other folks here can share their experiences.

That said, I do think having the chance to participate in a rehabilitation program instead of going through the legal system is a great opportunity for you. I hope you take full advantage of it.

Keep coming back here for support. We are here for you to help in any way we can.
  3. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Welcome @brookeemily Thank you for your honesty. That's the first step to self-awareness. And then, to a slow but surely walk towards stopping drug-abuse and getting rehabilitation. And then, eventually, towards healing and being an inspiration to many in experiencing a full life.

Please DO have an accountability partner whom you love and want to help you with strong support and genuine love and care around you.

I look forward to seeing you again.