An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Are people defined by what they drink?

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by JoanMcWench, Apr 17, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct Community Champion

This is actually quite sad to hear. Most of people who become homeless is not really something that depended on them. Most of them end up there either because they have bad luck in succeeding in life, or because they were forced by peer pressure to go on dubious habits.
    We should be more respectful toward these people. They might've ended there out of their own choices, but can we ever know?
  2. Corten

Corten Member

I don't judge people based upon what they drink, rather how they interact with others. That being said, people called me a pussy for drinking vodka orange, because it's a girlish drink. I don't really care, if I enjoy drinking something, then I'll drink that.
  3. JadeVengeance

JadeVengeance Active Contributor

It really depends on how the person drinks. People are going to judge on whatever you do sadly
  4. cpinatsi

cpinatsi Senior Contributor

I guess that is part of our human nature. We see a man drinking an expensive glass of wine and we immediately think he is a well respected man, even if we know absolutely nothing about him.
  5. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

We sometimes cannot stop ourselves to think that a person buying expensive wine is richer than the one buying a cheap wine. But I think people should not be defined for what he drink or buy cause we can have different taste like someone who can afford to buy expensive wine prefer the taste of the cheaper ones. While the one who do not have much money will spend all his money just to buy the expensive wine because he really like it or want to show the society that he can still afford to buy one.
  6. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Community Champion

Maybe in a way, but not in a judgemental way. I know a lot of people who struggle with what they drink not because they actually want to, because their blood craves it and they go insane, but they always curse themselves for the day they've consumed it. I think we should always be slow to judge.
  7. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

I cannot help but think that "hobo beer" is funny. Probably because I have a lot of hippies and other free spirited people in my circles -- but it is a bit sad that it sounds like it is not meant as a joke, but rather as a serious downgrading label. *sigh*

I guess I do judge people on what they drink. If they drink piss poor wine, I'll judge that they have no taste about wine, for instance. But I would not actually try to predict their complete personality and life situation on it!