New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Are sober living homes, the best option for recovery?

Discussion in 'Sober Living Homes' started by Tsky45, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I know people who have gone to places like this, and returned to drug abuse. I'm not saying this doesn't work, it could just be the persons choice to stay clean or not. I have heard of and know people who have lived in places like this for almost a year with no effect. There are probably successes that come from these kinds of homes. Does anybody know why this works for some people and not others?
  2. MNyte

MNyte Member

It depends on the people who live there. Bad influence and neglect to the assistance, through peer pressure, may lead to another blockage in the mind, telling you to do it again. Some people do not think of using these substances, and when the topic is brought up, they indulge on it until they can not take it anymore.

Others may have a different mentality, such as wanting to get better no matter what. It depends on the motivation and dedication to loose an addiction, so it does not really matter if a person goes to a sober living home or not. It is merely a restriction, and afterwards, the person may either have lost that crave, or gained a surplus of it. It all really depends on the motive.