An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Are there more and more addicts?

Discussion in 'Helping an Addicted Child' started by caparica007, Oct 27, 2014.

1. joe

joe Active Contributor

This is very true, nowadays the number of people depending on drugs has really increased. It has become unstoppable habit.
  2. joe

joe Active Contributor

Herbal medication has worked well for some people. The only problem is the level of trust attributed to them. Very few people trust this kind of medication.
  3. joe

joe Active Contributor

Alternatives of meds are out there. I don't understand why still people have not decided to venture in this kind of lifestyle.
  4. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

That's the power of the lobbies joe, pharmaceutical companies want that alternative medicines look bad so that they continue to make their billion dollar profits.
  5. joe

joe Active Contributor

You are right, many people have great testimonies about the herbal drugs, but the external force from this multi-billion companies suppress the good part of the herbal medication.
  6. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Community Champion

They come to a point when they legislate to forbid that this "herbal" medicines say what they do, because it's not scientifically proven...
  7. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Without even researching this, I feel there is no question that more and more people are becoming addicted to one drug or the other. The question is how do we deal with it? What are governments prepared to do? Sadly, there are more questions than answers. I am grateful for this forum that has made me aware of so many things I had no knowledge of previously.
  8. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I do think we are dealing with an epidemic, I don't have the link right now, but I was reading the other day there is some sort of heroine epidemic in the US. They mentioned some really big figures that truly shocked me! So yes, it seems we have more and more addicts each year. I guess that's because nowadays it is easier to buy drugs? After all selling drugs is a big business nowadays...