An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Are you addicted to social media?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Deeishere, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Getting off tumblr after two months after you realized you had a problem with it, isn't that long when compared to how long it takes substance abusers to come clean. Social media users would spend less time with these, if they can find other opportunities to socialize with people. We're social creatures and therefore need avenues to connect with others.
  2. doxie

doxie Member

When I first join a site, I tend to end up spending way too much time on it. By as time passes, it wears off on me and I find myself not even interested anymore. So I guess that I could never really get addicted.

But there are many people that do. It is going to be a huge problem in a few years. It already it in a way. Look at how many people are killed by distracted drivers who couldn't put their phone down!
  3. CryingCanary

CryingCanary Active Contributor

How long it takes to recover is different for everyone. I'd like to know what a proper recovery time is to you because if you've never been addicted to social media yourself, how would you know? I'm not saying this to be rude but it seems to me as if you're speaking for yourself. Spending less time on social media is not as easy as just finding someone to socialize with in real life.
  4. madetofly

madetofly Member

Yes, I do think that I am addicted to social media because I spend almost more than half of the day while sitting and spending my time on the net. But I don't get bored and I love to spend time on it because I come to know about many new things going on around the globe and I make fun doing this.
    But I think this is really a problem for me because my social life is not so good and my health is also not good I am thin tall and wear spectacles which make me look dull.
    I know it's all because of spending most of the time on the net and looking the computer screen which affects my health.
    Wishing to leave this junk habit.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016