An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Are you addicted to social media?

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Deeishere, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Getting off tumblr after two months after you realized you had a problem with it, isn't that long when compared to how long it takes substance abusers to come clean. Social media users would spend less time with these, if they can find other opportunities to socialize with people. We're social creatures and therefore need avenues to connect with others.
  2. doxie

doxie Member

When I first join a site, I tend to end up spending way too much time on it. By as time passes, it wears off on me and I find myself not even interested anymore. So I guess that I could never really get addicted.

But there are many people that do. It is going to be a huge problem in a few years. It already it in a way. Look at how many people are killed by distracted drivers who couldn't put their phone down!
  3. CryingCanary

CryingCanary Active Contributor

How long it takes to recover is different for everyone. I'd like to know what a proper recovery time is to you because if you've never been addicted to social media yourself, how would you know? I'm not saying this to be rude but it seems to me as if you're speaking for yourself. Spending less time on social media is not as easy as just finding someone to socialize with in real life.
  4. madetofly

madetofly Member

Yes, I do think that I am addicted to social media because I spend almost more than half of the day while sitting and spending my time on the net. But I don't get bored and I love to spend time on it because I come to know about many new things going on around the globe and I make fun doing this.
    But I think this is really a problem for me because my social life is not so good and my health is also not good I am thin tall and wear spectacles which make me look dull.
    I know it's all because of spending most of the time on the net and looking the computer screen which affects my health.
    Wishing to leave this junk habit.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  5. CameronAlsop

CameronAlsop Active Contributor

Yes, I love instagram.
  6. MrMaheu1983

MrMaheu1983 Member

I may not communicate with people for a long time, but I need a phone. Without it, I feel uncomfortable, and I begin to lose control of myself.
    It's an extraordinary feeling, and I don't know how to describe it. I started using Instagram more often, and I thought about creating my blog. It is much more profitable than you might imagine. I like blogging, but the problem with Instagram is the difficulty in gaining followers. The service https://famoid.com/buy-instagram-followers/ helps me with this. With it, you can wind up live subscribers to your account. It requires money but quickly pays off.
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
  7. lovecraftXIX

lovecraftXIX Active Contributor

Social networks provide great development opportunities. For example, a personal blog on Instagram is a fashion trend, and the number of views is of great importance. Checking and scrolling social networks through 1394TA has become an increasingly popular activity over the past decade. Although the use of social media by most people does not cause problems, there is a small percentage of users who become addicted to social media sites and engage in excessive or compulsive use. For this category of people, it is necessary to control the time of using social networks.
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
  8. CameronAlsop

CameronAlsop Active Contributor

Unfortunately, we are now all addicted to our phones. Even if we think it's not.
  9. CharlesClark

CharlesClark Active Contributor

Now is the time of technology, this is normal.
  10. Pluto888

Pluto888 Active Contributor

Yes, now is the time of technology, and without them, it is difficult to imagine your life. Everyone switched to work through computers, the Internet, and so on. Yes, it is, but I see no other way. I'm addicted to my phone; social media is my job. So I have to be on my phone all the time. I have to develop my social networks; otherwise, I won't be able to earn. Luckily there is SocialFollowersFree.
    However, it seems that phones and social networks have greatly facilitated our lives. We have the opportunity to communicate with each other and work from any corner of the earth; the Internet is enough. Isn't that cool?
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2022