An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Astrology for Recovery: Weekly Horoscopes for Your Recovery

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Recovery_Horoscopes, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Note: Astrology for Recovery is not written by an actual astrologer and is designed entirely for entertainment and inspirational purposes.

Leo – Week of 8/20/2018

With the recent passing of a solar eclipse, you’ll find yourself with newfound power, Leo. It is a great time to make your recovery goals happen, strive to reach new milestones. But be wary of the power becoming blinding; humility is a virtue. Seek out power-saving devices. Avoid electrical sockets.

Virgo – Week of 8/20/2018

Venus has passed into your line of sight, Virgo, and she’s brought Lady Luck with her. You may notice things falling onto your lap. Savor this good fortune and remember that during recovery, the harder you work, the luckier you’ll get! Seek out new opportunities. Avoid gambling.

Libra – Week of 8/20/2018

The planet Venus has been near you all month, Libra, so you can rest at ease. Treasure this time with Venus, and your time with your family and friends. Remember that your support network can be the best asset for you during your recovery. Seek out a relaxing spa day. Avoid stressful traffic.

Scorpio – Week of 8/20/2018

Uranus is in retrograde, and you should be too, Scorpio. Put on some retro grade-A clothing from the 70s and dance your troubles away. Remember that it’s healthy to work out stress in a proactive manner, and you may just find your recovery and your career benefiting from it. Seek out bell-bottom jeans. Avoid disco.

Sagittarius – Week of 8/20/2018

Things have been stressful for you recently, Sagittarius, and you may find yourself looking to get away from it all. Don’t be afraid to travel to new locales. Getting out of your usual environment can be beneficial to recovery, and you may just find yourself meeting new people on your travels. Seek out new adventures. Avoid steam locomotives.

Capricorn – Week of 8/20/2018

Mars has been hanging around you recently, Capricorn, and with it has brought old temptations around to the fore. Don’t give in, and instead plan ahead towards the future. Recovery is about perseverance, and that perseverance will pay off in the coming weeks with Mars’ departure and the arrival of a new friend. Seek out new addition to your support network. Avoid excessive spending.

Aquarius – Week of 8/20/2018

Yawn! The effects from the solar eclipse will linger still, and you may find yourself tired or lethargic, Aquarius. Be sure to get plenty of rest in order to keep a cool head. You can’t function, in life or in recovery, if you can barely keep your eyes open. Seek out nap time. Avoid afternoon caffeine.

Pisces – Week of 8/20/2018

Neptune will be passing through your sign at its peak, Pisces, and will be bringing with it lots of company and social obligations. While time for reflection is important, you may find yourself inclined to be out and about. It’s up to you to find the right balance for your recovery, and this week may be ideal for social experimentation. Seek out new clubs and parties. Avoid live DJs.

Aries – Week of 8/20/2018

Mercury. Mars. All these planets in retrograde are likely making it difficult for you to start any new projects, Aries. Fret not, this time will pass. Instead of venturing into new realms, revisit older memories and forgotten projects. Don’t forget about any old parts of your recovery you’ve wanted to get back to. Seek out old photo albums. Avoid excessive scrapbooking.

Taurus – Week of 8/20/2018

It seems like everybody else is dealing with retrograde planets in their signs, Taurus, but you’ll likely have stability in the coming weeks. With fortune favoring your efforts, try something you’ve been afraid of: call up that friend you made last week, ask that cute barista out, visit the animal shelter for info on adoption. In recovery, support networks are built during these calm times. Seek out new companionship. Avoid backtracking.

Gemini – Week of 8/20/2018

Careful, Gemini! Don’t bite off more than you can chew! With Jupiter and Neptune moving towards your sector and Mercury preparing for retrograde, this may not be the best time to go out on a limb. Instead, take stock of everything you’ve accomplished, in your career and your recovery, and set up a list of obtainable goals. The opportunity to shoot for the stars will come, but patience is a virtue. Seek out notebooks for life planning. Avoid winging it.

Cancer – Week of 8/20/2018

With Mercury and Venus hanging around so intimately in your sign, you may feel like quite the matchmaker, Cancer. You may find yourself making new introductions for people and fostering new relationships. This will be reciprocated with new members of your recovery support network. Seek out new loves. Avoid your exes (not like we need to tell you that, though).
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

Thanks for posting! I'm a Libra, so I will def seek a spa day and avoid traffic. I always try to avoid traffic, lol. Venus is fond of me this week, yay!! Lovely to hear!
  3. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Oh crap...Venus is a big ass planet,make sure you wear full body protective gear like Football gear with helmet,only drive cars that have not just front collision airbags but side collision airbags as well,use your blinkers,make complete stops at stop sign's, stop at yellow lights before they turn red,you know what? Perhaps an astronaut suit would be best and whatever you do don't take a spaceship to outer space or maybe hire Yoda so he can shield you with the force and definitely make sure that spa mud bath is mud from earth and not Venus.....Damnit now my anxiety is high after reading mine....It's time to build a bomb shelter see you all in 2040:confused::confused:o_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::)
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    deanokat likes this.
  4. Dominica

@True concern Oh my gosh Arthur you completely just made my day! That is hilarious! I'm thinking that you could write some really good poetry. The kind that makes people laugh and at the same time it's serious. I say that because I've been working on several spoken word poems and you're writing kind of reminds me of that.

I had not looked at my horoscope at that light, so thank you very much for that. I'm thinking an astronaut suit as well. I happen to love outer space :rolleyes::D {where is the alien icon???}
  5. True concern

Lol glad I could make your day.I use to write notebook's full of poetry.Real world scenarios with a comedic or WOW kind of realization effect.I haven't done it in year's. I wonder if I could make a living doing that?That would make me happy to support my family:)
    deanokat likes this.
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I'm a Virgo and I'm hoping some good things fall into my lap...other than my cats!
    Dominica likes this.
  7. Dominica

Hi there. I'm not sure if you can make a living doing it, but it certainly is therapy. :rolleyes:
    deanokat likes this.
  8. True concern

Damn my optimism lol:confused:o_O:confused::confused::eek::eek::oops::confused:o_Oo_Oo_O:)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    deanokat likes this.
  9. Dominica

ha. optimism is amazing....keep that trait! and hey, if you want to make poetry a living, start it as a hobby and follow your bliss.... see where it takes you (without a huge attachment) and enjoy the journey. i'm all for people following their bliss in a balanced way. have you ever watched spoken word poets? that is an area i love, and perform on occasion. to craft a poem and memorize it and perform it... my best therapy ;)
  10. True concern

I have never watched spoken word poet's. I honestly wouldn't even know where to see such a thing.No im not going to seek out writing for Hallmark cards to make a living,I still plan on trying to enlist after my knee surgery and recovery from it,I've put a lot of thought into that and if I make it into the military I plan on making a career out of it,im not looking to do 4 year's and out im hoping to put in like 25 year's or so...assuming I don't get blown up or something.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  11. Dominica

you can search "spoken word poetry" on youtube ;) also, great about the military. i think you will have a wonderful career doing what you love.... and for sure, be safe... :eek: my nephew is in the military and has made a career of it. i have no idea what he does, as he can't tell us. lol i'm so against war.... but i get that some of humanity is hell bent on fighting over land and greed....and power... :(:(:(
  12. True concern

I share your concerns about war,I to hate war and oppose it if it's strictly for the thing's you mentioned, however there are places on the planet where families are being murdered just so the perpetrators can record it and send it to countries like the U.S.and say haha look at what we do,look at the fear we spread....it is this type of scenario that drives my desire to enlist.I want to be the type of soldier that help's push terrorist out and even eliminate them in third world countries,I want to be the type of soldier to help clear an area and tell the local people who fear for their lives and the lives of their children "You are safe now"I want to help the oppressed be oppressed no more.To me fighting against people who do these thing's is not murder it's justice, No parent should fear for their child's life anywhere on the planet and it would be my honor to fight for those who can't fight for themselves. Yes unfortunately in war no matter what country you fight for there are always going to be sick individuals who just want to kill another human being and I don't care what country you fight for I have no use for such a person and I do believe our military can figure out who these individuals are and im sure they put people with this mental make up in the correct position's and that being said I believe some of those people change that mentality as they fight wars and see exactly what they thought they wanted and come to realize there is nothing exciting about ending anothers life.However I want to see fear disappear from the innocent and it would truly make me happy to be able to say those four words...."You are safe now"I don't know it's just something that makes me feel some thing's are worth fighting for. Just my opinion
    deanokat likes this.
  13. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@True concern and @Dominica... Anis Mojgani is one of my favorite contemporary poets. I love his poems and have all his books. And he's won several poetry slams with his live performances of his poems. This is one of my favorites of his. Check it out if you'd like. :)

14. Dominica

I love him! Thanks for sharing.... :)
    deanokat likes this.