An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Back to Heroin?

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by JonnyMacdonald, May 20, 2015.

1. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

I am blessed to take part in a very interesting group once a month.
    This month an interesting topic came up that I didn't know about and I just wanted to see what the community thought of it.
    I guess after a crackdown (at least here in Canada) on some prescription drugs, some addicts are turning back to heroin! Even people who didn't do heroin and started on pills, are now turning to this drug to satisfy their cravings.
    Surely we must pray for these souls and hope He can help them in their time of need.
  2. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Community Champion

A lot of heroin users seem to start with the prescription stuff and move over to heroin even when the prescription stuff is still available due to its lower price. Imagine that.
  3. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

That's terrible to hear, and certainly I will pray for them. Heroin is one of the worst drugs on the market, just about trailing after meth. I know Canada has some extremely stringent laws, but the authorities need to realize they are only making things worse. Addiction to prescription drugs is bad enough, but now they've pushed these people into using a far more lethal drug.
  4. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Yes Damien you are right, I am sure they could use the prayers.
    So a question now begs to be answered, how do we deal with these problems? Making it illegal clearly not has work. Making it legal will not be acceptable to many members of our society.
    I always advocate healing through Our Lord, but many have lost their way from Him and don't want to listen to his word.
  5. Sudarsan

Sudarsan Active Contributor

That's a really bad thing to hear. It needs to be understood that we are living in a world where there are many types of drugs in the market and an addict who takes one type of drug will comfortably switch to a new drug type if the former one ceases to be available. So, instead of dealing with one drug type, focus must be centralized on dealing with all drug types to make the society drug-free. Several notable laws must be devised and policies must be drafted, but with time, this dream of a drug-free society can become a reality.
    It's such a pity to see how prescription drug users are now using heroin. I guess it's because heroin is cheaper and relatively easier to buy.