An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Bad Story

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Brox, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Brox

Brox Member

I am new here, so I want to say hello to everyone. Now I will tell you a little of my experience. I have a bad story about my friends and their tragic life with alcohol and drug addiction. Some of them are not alive today, because they left our world very young.

Evil destiny or something else, I do not know. Heroin is the most dangerous drug in my opinion. It killed my friends. They smoked marijuana at first. After that they started with some hallucinogen pills in combination with alcohol. In the end they ended up with heroin. It made a hell of their lives.

They were starting to sell their personal items, furniture of the apartment, everything of any value. Just to buy heroin. But that was not enough, so they started to steal, cheat, and rob. They made disaster of their lives. I was unable to do anything. They were out of control. Police had tried to stop them, but without success. They had been in prison, but when they went everything was the same. Life becomes a devil's circle. It is very hard to get out.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    joelo likes this.
  2. ariana_

ariana_ Member

Hello, thank you for sharing this story. It is so sad what happened to your friends :( Thank you for being brave enough to share it. Don't blame yourself for not being able to do anything. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, people are beyond our help. I'm sure it was a hard place for all of you.
  3. camsdad

camsdad Member

Hello Brox, it's nice to meet you! I'm sorry about your friends. Every person has a choice to make when confronted about their struggle with abuse, and sometimes, unfortunately help is ignored. Addiction is a sickness, almost like cancer or any other illness that does harm to people. When my grandfather died of cancer I was extremely upset, but I knew he wasn't in pain any more. And while you may miss them dearly, just remember that they are no longer struggling.
    MrsJones likes this.
  4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdvice Active Contributor

May their souls rest in peace, I'm hopeful that though they were addicts, they were very good people nonetheless, and though they did all those bad things, I too hope that whosoever that they did it to forgives them. I am thankful for a story like this because it can reach to someone who is struggling with a problem like this and aid in getting them to start thinking about life differently. You are a good friend, but, try to do more...I believe that you can never give enough. When is enough, enough?
  5. Brox

Brox Member

Ariana, Camsdad, ExpertAdvice, thank you for support. It means a lot to me. I tried to help, but I could not do anything. It was beyond my capabilities.

So I do not blame my self, because I know that I did everything I could, Ariana.

Camsdad, I am sorry for your grandfather. He certainly knows that he has great grandson. He is looking from the sky.

ExpertAdvice, I am sure that they are now in heaven, becaue they were in hell here on earth. And I gave enough. I gave and more than enough. But their situation was getting worse and worse.
  6. jackslivi

jackslivi Active Contributor

Wow. I could not even imagine being their friend and seeing all this. This probably tore you apart. I am so sorry. It is a very addictive drug and it seems like it always goes worse before it gets better. I could not even imagine how it felt not being able to help them at all. That had to be the true heartbreak of it all. You are a good friend if you tried to help and do not beat yourself up if you blame yourself for not doing enough.
  7. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear about their deaths. It's really disheartening. It's good, though, that you have not been influenced to use substance as well. And don't even think about doing that, there's just more to life that you can do better than drugs.
    MrsJones likes this.
  8. stariie

stariie Community Champion

I agree, heroin is a bad drug. I knew an elderly lady who told me that when she was a young woman her husband got her addicted to it.
    When I met her, her husband had been passed away a long time before. She was in bad shape. She could barely walk. Her feet and legs had been twisted into something unrecognizable. But she still lived for her heroin. Every time she got a check, that was the first thing that she bought.
  9. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Hey Brox,
    I'm very sorry to hear about your friends. Thanks for sharing this.

Unfortunately, their story doesn't surprise me. I'm a recovering heroin addict. This is simply what heroin addiction does. :( To otherwise honest, intelligent people full of potential.

I'm really glad to hear you say you were unable to do anything, because that's the reality. We (addicts) have to want to get better. Then we have to be willing to do what it takes to stay that way.

Heroin kills an average of 2,000 people in the US every year.
  10. George T.

George T. Member

So sad. I know so many people on so many different drugs, but I have never met anyone on heroin. Is it really that common?
  11. Charli

Charli Community Champion

Heroin really is one of the worst ones when it comes to being addictive and destructive if left unchecked. I think one of the best ways to combat this in society is not to put heroin addicts in jail especially if they didn't commit violent crimes because I think for the most part people like this want to get better and being in prison only gives them more access to these substances and also gives them a lot of education on how to further their addiction whereas if the governments would decriminalize it and begin to offer free programs to help addicts get off their habit then I think it will prove to be the more successful way of combatting this problem.
  12. Winterybella

Winterybella Community Champion

Brox, it has been a while since your original post and I hope you are doing well. The people I know who are involved in drugs only use marijuana as far as I am aware. Fortunately it has not reached the heroin stage and I pray it doesn't for their sake. From what you wrote it appears that many get their start with marijuana and that frightens me.

I regret that you had to watch as some lost their lives because of the deadly drug. Whatever your personal story outside of this is, I am glad you are here to speak to the dangers of heroin and hopefully save others.
  13. amethyst

amethyst Community Champion

Sadly, your story is all too common. I have experienced it myself. I saw a friend fading away into prostitution in order to support her heroin addiction. She used to be a nurse who got her hands onto drugs and went downhill from there.
    I saw two acquaintances taken away by a heroin overdose. A third one jumped from a bridge, crazy on drugs, or rather, a whole cocktail of drugs.
    I saw people withering away from heroin, unable to get the help they needed. It definitely has made a big impression on me and my life.
  14. jeremy2

jeremy2 Community Champion

Welcome to the forum Brox and please feel at home. I was really touched by your story and it reminded me of my late brother who feel victim to drugs. Such drugs are indeed dangerous and once you get involved with them, the risks are high and the worst is likely to happen to you.
  15. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

It can be sad when something like this happens and you see someone who are close to you, harm themself and not see what it is doing to them and those around them. I think, it is sad when some choose this path, and get so addicted that it can ruin them in the process. I reckon that, it should be known that drug addiction can cause losses and also does not do anything good apart from taking money and causing tension as well.
  16. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I've never been involved in anything to do with heroin myself nor do I know anyone that has tried it or been addicted -- so thank you for sharing your story and illustrating exactly how dangerous the drug is. I think whilst stories like this are confronting, they serve an important purpose -- to educate others about what can happen when you are addicted to a drug like this.
  17. rightct

rightct Community Champion

@vegito12 I wholeheartedly agree with what you've said. It is as painful as you not being able to actually do anything about it, and just stare at them obliviously, just wishing they'd after all quit.
    I experienced this sensation in the past when my youngest sister tried heroin and got addicted the 2nd time she tried it. I couldn't do anything, she was a different person. She was yelling at me, at my parents, at her friends... and we couldn't really do anything. She thought that everything was being done in the boundaries of right, but it wasn't even remotely close...
    She eventually quit after struggling 2 years to bring her to detox, but only I can know the pain I had to endure, and my parents, too.
  18. Smarty

Smarty Active Contributor

It has certainly been extremely tough to deal with that. It's hard enough to have ONE friend in such trouble and when you speak in plural it really means you can't do a lot. I want to congratulate you, though. There are many cases when the friend of such a group of people can't help it but follow them. Good thing you didn't!
  19. oraclemay

oraclemay Community Champion

I am sorry to hear about your friends losing their lives to this drug. It is sad and there are so many similar stories. I wish that there was a way we could destroy all drugs, but that is impossible. We are surrounded by temptation in every area of our lives and we have to choose. Let us make the right choice.