An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

barely hanging on.

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by cclark6587.cc, Dec 17, 2015.

1. serenity

serenity Community Champion

I agree with reporting your son to the police, he is a danger to himself and to others, so he must be restrained. I will pray for you and your family so that you can manage in this trying time.
    deanokat likes this.
  2. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Contributor

This is terrible. Your son is in a very fragile state it seems. It is so sad he would shoot your dog, and while I am not excusing what he did, I am willing to bet it was a spur of the moment revenge sort of thing.
    It seems he is lashing out and is angry with the world. I don't really blame him, that is some tough stuff to be desling with right there. He has dug himself a deep hole and now he doesn't feel he can make it back out, so he feels he should just bury himself in it.
    People in this position need to be treated alomst as you would a wounded dog. You must have compassion in your heart and calming words or they will bolt. In the heat of the moment, being calm can be almost impossible! That is why it is usually best to let a professional handle these things.
    Please let us know how he is doing, and you as well. It is important you take care of yourself as well.
  3. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Cindy, how is everything going? It's been a long time since we last heard from you, I hope all is well.. I wish I had seen this earlier, because I just wanted to say that nowadays an HIV diagnoses is no longer a death sentence.
  4. MrsJones

MrsJones Community Listener Community Listener

I'm so sorry to hear about Ceasar. I hope that he wasn't hurt too badly and I pray that you are doing okay if you lost Ceasar.

As much as you may hate doing it, call the police about the shooting. This may be a blessing in disguise. Animal cruelty is not taken lightly and this could open up avenues for your son to gain access to resources that will help him cope with his condition.