An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Being strengthened by your mom!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by 003, Feb 21, 2015.

1. 003

003 Community Champion

Moms are moms. Every time that I'd get back to the time I had pushed away my mom, my heart breaks, because I regret in doing that. In return, I strive to be the way she wanted me to be, just to be a good man who loves, who respects and who values hard work and patience. Personally I think that she possesses these characteristics. I consider as a hero, as my hero who provides me strength. When I'm down, I just think of her and all her sufferings to give me a good life, no matter how much I have abused myself and no matter how I have been rude to myself and other people as well.
  2. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder Active Contributor

I also look up to my mom so much. She sacrificed a lot for the family and she is really the epitome of selflessness. I also hope that when I do become a mom someday, I will be like her. Our personalities are totally different, but I think she succeeded well in instilling in us the right values. I do hope I can live up to the example that she has provided for all of us. Moms are always the best!
  3. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

My mother is the most wonderful mom of all moms for me. She does not only gave life to me but at the same time the only person who stands by me since I was small and up to now that I am married and had my own family already. We are not only mother and daughter but the best of friends too. If I had personal problems she is always there to give me the best good advice and moral values. And when it comes to financial too she is always there to the rescue and I am always relieved from stress. I do not know what will happened to me if I lose my mom. That is why everyday I am always praying for her continuous good health and long life for all of us her family. I love my mom very much for her undying love, moral support and care for our family .
  4. juno

juno Community Champion

Not everyone has the greatest mom, some of us may be facing their problems due to the kind of relationship they have had with their moms. However, your mother is the stem of who you are if this is the person who raised you from birth. Every work and action you mother has taken has impacted and influenced who you are and that is inevitable when you are living and breathing with this person all your life and this is the person who taught you everything you know form the first year of your life.
  5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Community Champion

My mother is my best friend in life and she is the best mom in the whole world...I am a little biased here:rolleyes:. She and I used to fight and argue a lot when I was younger, but now she is my hero. She always listens to me and guides me in the right direction when I need help.
  6. elles-belles

elles-belles Community Champion

I am glad that you have found confidant in your mother and a best friend too. It is always that much easier when you have someone you love and who loves you support you full force. It actually gives you the extra determination and you have yet another reason to live a healthy sober place.
  7. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Sounds like you have a really good mom. :)
    You are lucky to have such mother and good thing that you appreciated her efforts of wanting you to be a good man. Mothers could really serve as motivators. :D