An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"BHO" craze in your area

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by seatones, Jul 2, 2015.

1. seatones

seatones Member

Have any of you noticed the increasing prevalence of concentrates (specifically BHO) in your area? I'm wondering if you've noticed any problems arising with accidents, BHO lab explosions, etc. as a result.
  2. DancingLady

DancingLady Community Champion

I'm not even sure what you are talking about. We have only had some intermittent wild fire smoke in my area as far as I know. Where are these plants located?
  3. CallipygianGamine

CallipygianGamine Community Champion

I’ve mentioned before that I know someone whose roommate exploded their house and ended up dying because he was trying to manufacture BHO. I don’t know exactly what the prevalence is, but I know it’s a concern here. I kind of like to think that incident scared people out of turning their homes into BHO labs, but I doubt it. I’m sure there are plenty in the area that hardly anyone’s aware of.
  4. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Is this BHO some kind of a compound manufactured from cannabis?
  5. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

6. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo! Community Champion

Oh, looks destructive. I don't see any bright future with BHO for human consumption to keep people alive and productive with this one. I looked into Natural News. Thanks for the link.
    missbishi likes this.
  7. cotyb

cotyb Member

I have not heard of BHO until now so that should say it's not very popular in my area. Also there hasn't been any explosions, burnings, or houses burning down. The last thing like that around here was a meth lab explotion which took out half of an apparntment building killing several people even a young mother and her baby.
  8. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Some kids in my Sunday class were talking about new drugs like this a few weeks back.
    They told me there is new types of concentrated pot being sold in the high schools.
    One was the BHO or honey oil, another was called shatter.
    I feel like this is what happened when crack came onto the scene. Some jerks with a chemistry degree and no morals wanted to make a quick buck and cooked up that garbage.
    I hope these new marijauna forms don't have the same negative effects on society.
  9. juanperez1990

juanperez1990 Active Contributor

BHO is actually better for your lungs for it is not smoked, but vaporized. As for the psychoactive effect: it is the same. BHO is basically kief (marijuana pollen) condensed into a wax like texture. There is no butane in it, butane is used to make it, but it is cleansed. However, the real risk in it comes from a) not knowing what you are doing and blowing up b) since it is a concentrate it is at least 4 times stronger than smoking it off the plant's flowers. This will highly decrease the time it takes to become addicted.

Once you've tried BHO (honey oil and shatter are two variants, only change is texture, effects and components are the same) you will not be able to go back to flowers. One hit of BHO will get even the most experienced users high. I've tried it myself, one hit of this stuff feels like 5 hits of top quality bud. I repeat: this is not a stronger drug, it is the same: THC (marijuana's active component, the thing that gets you high) The only difference is how much THC there is in it. So you have a better understanding, a gram of wax will cost you the same as 5 grams of flowers (weed) It is 5 times stronger. No lie. That being said, here is the real risk (take it from an addict)

Marijuana feels great at first, but the more often you smoke the less high you can get. As with any drug, you can and will gain a tolerance. Smoking BHO will make that process 5 times faster, which means that you'll become addicted to it 5 times faster as well. Also, you won't be able to go back to weed. Weed just won't cut it. You'll smoke larger amounts of wax and as a result you'll become a stereotypical stoner.

What makes people addicted to weed is the search of that high they so crave: euphoria, giggles, increased senses. Once you've smoked weed often enough and you've built a tolerance, there is no going back. Your tolerance is too high for weed to make you as high as it used to. Once you try BHO you'll experience that glorious high again, but it wont last long due to the huge amount of THC in it. You might think quitting for a couple weeks will bring it back. It does. But it goes away after just one session.

This could be a good thing, as a matter of fact this is the reason I quit consuming marijuana. I just didn't get high anymore, only sleepy and lazy. Sad thing is, not many people have the introspection capabilities to admit this. Most are going to stay addicted because they've created a group of friends around. So now you have a bunch of idiots whose favorite hobbie is to get "high" (it is actually a low at this point) and do nothing of their lives.