An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Bill Wards Story

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by JonnyMacdonald, Dec 2, 2015.

1. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

MyDigitalpoint and deanokat like this.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Great article. Thanks for sharing, @JonnyMacdonald. Do you live in or near The Hammer?? ;)
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Wow. Such a moving story, and yes, it does convey hope. Thanks for sharing! :)
  4. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Great story. Thank you for sharing this with us. It is very touching.
    I recommend everybody take the time to read this story of hope and inspiration.
  5. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Yes, I thought that was a great story and the fact that leniency is shown to those who "fall off the wagon" for lack of a better term is good. I think the flexibility this program shows is probably the wave of the future. No one is there because they chose to be. They all need help.
  6. JonnyMacdonald

I sure do!
    I have to move around a lot for work, I am right in the Hammer at the moment!
    Up the mountain, actually almost Dundas.
    You know the area at all?
  7. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

I live in the metro Detroit area, but I've been to a few concerts in and around Hamilton. A musician friend of mine used to live there before she moved to Ottawa.
  8. JonnyMacdonald

Makes sense.
    Hamilton has done a great job of transitioning out of the slowly fading industrial/manufacturing sectors. They have a great arts scene and fantastic health care.
    The young people tell me it's becoming a "hipsters wetdream."
  9. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Thanks for sharing the article in here and true that this kind of stories is worth reading. One can find inspiration and hope in the stories or experiences of others.
  10. Dwayneu

Dwayneu Community Champion

That was a pretty great read, thank you for sharing. I like how he doesn't try to sugar-coat it or portray a magical fairy tale of false hope, he tells it as it is, a gritty struggle, but with beauty in it's core.
  11. mayasupernova

mayasupernova Active Contributor

A very touching story. The story of a man who set himself on a journey of a long process of recovery and succeded. I love the 'bad and good cop' idea, and the a fact that those people were learning about their addictions, and making their own decisions, instead of having someone tell you that you have to stop using drugs and alcohol and if you do not do that, something will happen to you, or taken away from you...Good job for Bill.
    JonnyMacdonald and deanokat like this.
  12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Not just touching story but deserving praise because like Bill says, battle against addiction never ends and victory is never complete, so it's about working on the fight every single day.
    deanokat likes this.
  13. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Community Champion

Aaaaaaand now my face is raining. Thanks for that...
    JonnyMacdonald and deanokat like this.
  14. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

It's always great when there's hope at the end!