An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Binge drinking...

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by Aaron, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member

Hello all, my name is Aaron and I've been struggling with binge drinking for the last couple of years. I didn't think I really had a problem, due to I only drank on weekends. I slowly started to realize that when I drink, I drank until I was thoroughly drunk. I didn't drink "socially", I drank to get drunk. Then my friends started commenting that I drank my drinks fairly quickly. Then my friends started telling me they were concerned about when I drank how intoxicated I got. Plus, the hangovers really started getting to me. I could not function, let alone be productive. I sometimes have an actual innate fear of not being able to drink again. Now I'm here on this forum. My goal is to meet people in the same situation and overcome this obstacle together. Thanks for taking the time to listen.
    -Aaron
  2. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Hello Aaron and I do hope you're doing well. Welcome to the forum. Even though you only drank on weekends, that doesn't mean your binge drinking escapades did not affect your system. Unfortunately I'm not in the same situation as you, but all my life I've been surrounded my individuals who've undergone the same situation if not worse. Many of my uncles were and still are alcoholics. I'm just not sure about the binge drinking part. I do have friends who succumb to this habit every now and then - much to my consternation. I do hope that you try to overcome your situation by looking for alternatives to binge drinking. If you're willing to change for the better, then you need to join organizations or programs that seek to empower you and help you become more than just someone who drinks to get drunk.
  3. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

Hi, Aaron! Welcome to the forum. You surely came at the right place. I know what you're going through because I'm having troubles with alcohol as well. If you feel like this is something that's way too serious, I suggest you get some help. We don't want you getting harmed because of alcohol.
  4. valiantx

valiantx Community Champion

Greetings Aaron,

Thanks for sharing your story. Yeah I've been in the similar ethanol beverage drinking situation you are currently experiencing, and yes it took a very big toll on my life. I found my way to moderate and restrict my ethanol drinking habit by using my money to buy healthy things, reevaluating the reasons that may be the cause to my addiction, and explore other activities that didn't involved me being around ethanol beverages. It ain't easy, but nothing in life is easy, not even breathing.
  5. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Nice that you have people or friends around you that are concern of you.
    Better to listen to good advices and control your cravings for alcohol. You can drink but do not drink too much as anything in excess is bad. Hope you can overcome the obstacles.