An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Bitcoin faucets and their addictive qualities

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by Damien Lee, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Damien Lee

Damien Lee Community Champion

Bitcoin is an incredibly popular cryptocurrency that was introduced back in 2009. Since then, it's swept the online world and is gradually gaining momentum in becoming more acceptable for trading.

While there are many ways to acquire Bitcoin, mining is a very popular method but it's not for everyone. Lately, faucets are gaining ground as they are more accessible. One simply has to insert their Bitcoin address or Bitcoin wallet address to access fractions of Bitcoin or Satoshis as they are commonly called.

This can become addictive as it seems like you're generating money from thin air. However, the process can be time consuming and the amounts are not that large to begin with. No online faucet can truly afford to pay everyone high amounts of Bitcoin.

Have you tried out Bitcoin faucets?

Did you find it addictive acquiring all those Satoshis?
  2. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

I don't know, but I see this kind of thing sound as addictive as gambling to me. Really dangerous if you ask me. I am actually glad am not into that kind of things, I don't even hve enough money for that, but evne if I did, I vdon't think I'd like to give something like this a try.
  3. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Sounds like gambling, which is a very real and very dangerous addiction.
    Best not to take part in that non-sense.
  4. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

I agree with @Tremmie
    I cant afford to play like that. also, i have never even researched to find out what bitcoins are because i like real moneyz.
  5. CharlesClark

CharlesClark Member

Well bitcoin is real money, and it is really successful. I hate it when people are saying that it is not real and it is useless. They should look up the price of it online and see that you can be paying with it in a lot of places now. The price of it is rising again so it is a good time to invest in it while it is still not that high. If you don't have enough of assets to invest in bitcoin you should invest in it's little brother Ethereum. You can easily learn how to buy ethereum with a help of a really good crypto wallet.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  6. abragred

abragred Member

Sounds like gambling
  7. bomjik

bomjik Member

I would rather mine Bitcoin... I don't why people are looking for an easy way to make money. It's not like the majority of us have millions to spare just to buy bitcoin or another virtual coin. Like everything in life, you have to work for it in order to make something out of it. A friend of mine has told me about https://www.insiderlearningnetwork.com/beurax-review/ and I've decided to give it a try. I am using that site in order to find the fluctuations of bitcoin and I am deciding when to buy and when to sell. Cryptocurrency's hard work, but it's 100% worth it.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  8. azazello

azazello Member

Bitcoin is more expensive than it was in 2015. But that doesn't mean you can't make money on it. I found a site where I could buy bitcoin. It is an excellent source of passive income. Elon Musk proved this by investing in bitcoins and improving the financial health of Tesla. If they are making money from it, we can at https://uphold.com/en/assets/crypto/buy-xrp register and buy bitcoins. In addition, there are many economic predictions and news on the Internet. If you start investing by being willing to take risks, you'll be fine. In any case, you will make money.