An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Blessings keep rolling in!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by Josh111187, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

So every body knows that I'm on a taper with a good Dr now. This next week I'm going to drop another 5mg on one of my meds. One of the most frustrating things for me is that I find myself bored the more sober I get.
    I guess my family was reading my mind as I didn't know really say anything to them about this but I have been given a wonderful gift.
    My parents are blessed and I live with them so that I can have custody of my son and he can go to a good school, something I wouldn't be able to give him probably ever.
    However my parents have been talking for some time about this but I didn't know about it. They've been convinced that I am indeed firm in my decision to stay clean and decided that I needed a place of my own. However they're aware of my delima with moving and putting my son in a bad school district. So they have given me some land to begin building my own place on. And bought me some farm equipment to work the land with!
    I couldn't believe it, I never in a million years thought that I would see blessings like this come my way!
    Two coditions, continue to be the sober son they love, and use the equipment to maintain their property too. They have a deal! This definitely is some inspiration, so I had to share it.
  2. True concern

True concern Community Champion

Congratulations josh I'm so happy for you my friend.
    deanokat and Josh111187 like this.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Wow, @Josh111187. That's exciting news! I, too, am happy for you. And proud of you!
  4. lonewolves

lonewolves Community Champion

You seem so happy and real, Josh! I’m also happy that everyone else who gets to meet you from here on out will know this glowing side of you. I have a feeling this is going to be an amazing Father’s Day for you this year!
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  5. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

Thanks for that. You know I thought my whole life most of the time I was a happy person. I've always believed you could have happiness if you wanted it. I even thought about it when I was homeless and using, yep I sure believed that I was just a happy person...I mean if and when I came down I wanted to kill everyone, but I just told myself that was the dope talking. And it was.
    It just never occurred to me while I was laying under the I20 underpass, trying not to watch what the prostitutes were "selling", that it was the dope talking then too, tricking me into thinking I was happy and living a fulfilling life, so what if I lacked a few things most people had, I new something they didn't and happiness was all that matters.
    Looking back I was so miserable, I cried almost everyday because I was miserable.
    I still cry alot, I'm an extremely emotional guy, and not shy about it, but I cry now because I am the REAL happy. I am happy too, last night I woke up because I was actually laughing in my sleep because of a funny dream I was having!
    My aunt saw me at a birthday party I went to last night for my dad. She kept staring at me, I eventually decided to go ask her if she saw something on my face, cake or something, and she just BROKE DOWN. I mean, hey everybody look at me!!! I'm the crazy woman who is crying so hard I can't breath!!
    Anyway I took her to the bathroom,we were at a swimming pool, and it was just one bathroom. I locked the door and we talked. She said she hasn't even been able to look at me for almost ten years because I was so sad to see.
    She then told me that if I could be healed then she was convinced she could too
    Huh? I didn't know my aunt was sick.
    Fast forward the details I didn't know my aunt and uncle were separated, because I'm a selfish junkie probably.
    She told me that she just wanted happiness back in her life and the change she saw in me she said was so "profound" that if she had to ask anyone how to have joy again it was me.
    I'm no marriage counseler, but I think talking helped her, at least she finally told someone the ugly details.
    Anyway she walked away saying she felt blessings. Those are her words.
    So that belongs in this thread because blessings keep rolling in!
    deanokat and lonewolves like this.
  6. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Josh111187 what an incredible blessing!! land? equipment? blessings? i'm truly blessed to read this and so happy for you! and yes, you are an inspiration to others, aunt included!!

whatcha gonna do with that land?? you going to grow some food? building a home will be cool... good for you josh!!
    deanokat likes this.