New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Blew up my family

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by deedee58, May 16, 2018.

1. deedee58

deedee58 Member

Can you get headaches from living above a unit with a man using meth
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@deedee58 hi there. In am not sure. Hope someone else can let you know.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

4. Falcon

Falcon Member

U most certainly can. Ive been with my dad upstairs, blazing away and not only does it circulate in the air, in the vents, but its on ur clothes , on ur body. Especially if u arent a user/smoker urself. Ive seen the faces of his roomies and its embarrassing. Its a headache all around, as its kindve like a self induced headache when you use meth etc. So its not unlikely that your inhaling some smoke and triggering a headache responce.
    deanokat likes this.
  5. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I will second this statement.I used meth off and on for way to long,im finally done with it for good but when i quit using i told my family that i live with that someone in the house was smoking meth and they all swore i was crazy but i wasn't and im not,but once i had about a month under me clean i noticed that smell and I've heard people say meth doesn't have a smell when it's smoked as long as you don't burn the bottom of the pipe,however that is bullshit.I would be dead asleep and in the middle of the night i would wake up with my heart racing and i would be in a full blown panic thinking i dreamed about using meth which wasn't the case,it was actually my uncle smoking dope in the bathroom and the vent was sucking the smoke up and circulating it to the bedroom.I told my family what was going on and they didn't believe me which is irrelevant at this point but yes you absolutely can get second hand exposure to a meth high and luckily i haven't had this issue in month's as that family member sits in jail with zero shame about how he has affected the family.It's hard for me to wrap my head around it but he doesn't want to stop using but said he will do dope until he's dead..i don't know why he loves it so much as i can only remember the pain it has caused and try to move on with out it,its sad to me because i told him when i got sober that i was sorry he ever found dope and would have loved to see what he could have done with his life without it and he looked me in the eye's and said he was glad he found it.Wow i couldn't believe it.
    Falcon likes this.