An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Brain damage

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by radjan, May 21, 2018.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

He sounds like a street pharmacists a.k.a.drug dealer to me
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Your doctor's behavior sounds a little sketchy, @radjan.
    True concern likes this.
  3. Josh111187

Josh111187 Community Champion

Script writer, that's what we call them over here in the us a.
    deanokat and True concern like this.
  4. radjan

radjan Member

Hi,
    Thank you for your response, I just see the neurologist , he told me that everything on the RMI was ok. But i know that in Europe and more in my country they have lack of knownledge in that domain. For ex, i went to spain i take couple of beer everyday( not with drugs) and I was like crazy of 2 weeks like if I had hangover for 2 weeks because of one party.

Do you know if the kind of behaviour that you and I have gone through can impact severly the life expectancy ?.
    Do you encounter problem concerning your liver ? My gp told be me that the liver is a little bit 'bigger' than normal .

Thank you
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@radjan I am not sure. I'm glad that everything on the MRI was okay. Continue to practice self-care and know that we're here anytime.
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  6. deanokat

@radjan... Try not to worry about the life expectancy thing. The past is history, so I suggest that you concentrate on living a good, clean life going forward so you can maximize your remaining years. Glad your test was okay.
    True concern likes this.
  7. radjan

radjan Member

I have perform ultrasound for my livre, nothing were found except a hepatomegaly (liver around 17cm) but i don't known if that is serious does anyone has info on that ? Does ultrasound are enough to detect any liver diseases ? If not which one should i do to be sure that I am ok ?
    Thank
  8. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@radjan i'm not sure... wish i had an answer for you!
  9. deanokat

I think your best bet is to check with your doctor, @radjan.
  10. Sarah4108

Sarah4108 Member

If you are concerned or question brain damage, it's never a bad thing to get your brain scanned. Talk to your doctor and I'm sure he will set things up in case it's a vitamin deficiency.

It could be a vitamin deficiency that's making you feel this way and Vitamin B 6, B 12, Omega 3s, even your blood platelets could be just a tid bit off and that all has to do with your body and most importantly, your brain.

Our levels change through our whole life and at some times, all at once and that could be why you think there's damage. I'm sure your doctor will take blood and that may solve the mystery right there. Good luck.
    deanokat likes this.
  11. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Community Champion

@radjan I just saw your question. I'm so sorry, don't know how I missed it. I do however think I'm missing the meaning of it. I'm not European. I'm American. As far as the competency of our doctors I cannot compare, I am sure in every place there are the better and worse of the lot.
    My sister is almost finished with med school and by almost finished I mean she will be writing prescriptions very soon. She will be the first to tell you to do your own research and not to trust every word a doctor tells you. (I'm not saying to go against medical advice).
    Like she told me concerning how I'm still alive, "There are some things science cannot explain."
    Yes, I was jondice(liver failing) was about to have to go on dialysis(kidneys were about shut down) double pneumonia, and had taken myself to the hospital because I was having cramps in my abdomen. (I had had a minor heart attack).
    Some strange things have happened to me since I have gotten clean look at my thread "change in hand dominance".
    That's bizarre but, what is even more bizarre is that I still have eidetic memory. (Not photographic). And have made a complete physical recovery. I wouldn't worry. If my brain can still operate at this capacity, (although its largely linked with hindered social skills) and my body is well, I think you'll be ok.
    However its been a long time and your still asking these questions so I hope you have not relapsed and if not and are still experiencing symptoms then seek medical advice.
    deanokat likes this.
  12. deanokat

Thanks for that insight, @Joshstillclean. And I have to admit... What your sister said about you still being alive made me chuckle.

@radjan... I hope you are well. If you have a chance, stop by the forum and give us an update on how you're doing. We're here. We care.