An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Breached

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Michael o, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Michael o

Michael o Member

Hi everyone I got a letter through my door today from my drug clinic I go to, my dad had opened it up (he has the same name as me) it said when my next appointment is, I told them And sigh a consent form to text me only, no letters just phone on my mobile or text, so now both parents no im a addict so pissed of they knew a bit about it in the past but I told them I don't do it anymore. I will tell my keyworker face to face one to one as she is a lovely person who has really helped me and I don't want her to get in trouble. What would you do? Any thoughts please reply here
  2. True concern

True concern Moderator

Be grateful it's a blessing in disguise your support network just grew
  3. Michael o

Michael o Member

What do you mean lol
  4. True concern

True concern Moderator

Now your loved ones know,they can help you.Please if this is a serious issue for you don't end another response with LOL,MY HEART SPEAKS NOT MY MIND AND IT'S no laughing matter, I responded because I care,there was no humor implied
  5. True concern

True concern Moderator

If you really want help you take it where ever it comes from,that's what a real struggling addict will always understand, as people reach out be grateful and accept it!!!
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  6. Michael o

Michael o Member

Ok sorry mate yeah it's nothing funny about this scenario, it's the fact that my dad has a alcohol problem And I didn't want him to no I'm using because he can turn really argumentative and angry when he drinks and start questioning me over and over
  7. Michael o

Michael o Member

But on the positive note iwent to the drug and alcohol recovery place today for a growth group and meet this guy who was older then me like in his fifty's.he gave me some really good advice as he has been where I have been
  8. True concern

True concern Moderator

My friend no need to apologize, I just want to see you find the strength to pick yourself up, fight back,and take control of your life.I will stand with you,never judge you and always be here to supply support as best I can... There is greatness in you you just can't see yet because you have accepted this road block called addiction as an infinite reality but its not,scream at it,stomp it,enslave it and feel the greatness you radiate.....Fight it and we will have your back
  9. True concern

True concern Moderator

That's great news my friend,learn from your elders,they have fought longer and harder than the rest
  10. Michael o

Michael o Member

I thanked him at the end of the meeting he was really good at listening andwhat I was talking about, because he been on the same stuff I been on at my age, I hope to see him again
    Onceaddicted77 and True concern like this.
  11. Michael o

Michael o Member

Thank you for your support.my main goal is to get off methadone in one years time so I can go to Spain and see my sister get married
  12. Michael o

Michael o Member

I don't want to go over there trying to a script with my family around me it's hard work
  13. True concern

True concern Moderator

I believe in you, believe in yourself
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.
  14. Michael o

Michael o Member

Follow me mate I would appreciate it
  15. True concern

True concern Moderator

Absolutely
    Onceaddicted77 likes this.