An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Butane question

Discussion in 'General Substance Abuse Discussion' started by Starlight32, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Starlight32

Starlight32 Member

My boyfriend recently passed away he was 37 there was butane gas found in him . He was found with a plastic bag over his head and a tube. I spent a lot of time in his room and when I I stayed over the night the day after i would feel extremely drowsy and no energy couldn't keep eyes open to watch a film. Kept having to have coffees. There was also a plastic type smell on his face mainly forehead and some pillows. I'm so confused I didn't know until recently his ex said he used to do gas years back and never kept it in house for that reason. Would I of felt that way because he was using gas? ? I'm trying to make sense of it all.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Starlight32... First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about your boyfriend's death. My deepest condolences to you and everyone affected by his death.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question very intelligently. My gut reaction is to say yes, the butane gas could have affected you if there was enough of it in the air. But I really don't know for sure.

Sending you big hugs.
    Lostboy8731 likes this.
  3. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

My deepest simpathies to you all. @deanokat your 100% with out a doubt right on this one. Its unfortunate this tragedy happened but yes my dear that is exactly what he was doing was huffing gas. The bag is used by the person so as to trap the fumes in around them longer. Unfortunately its more common then ppl think. I will pray for piece and calmness over you and yours take care
    deanokat likes this.