An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Caffeine is a drug.

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by amin021023, Sep 22, 2015.

1. serenity

serenity Community Champion

From my experience, do not drink more than 3 cups or glasses of coffee per day because it will make you palpitate or nervous. It is a widely known fact that too much coffee can be harmful.
  2. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I tried some starbucks iced coffee and I have to say this could be addictive. I see why every body want's starbucks that's some good stuff. I don't know if this is what causes the most caffeine addictions or not but this could be a major source. Like I said before moderation is the key, but the better the stuff is the higher chances you have of getting addicted. Now I want one iced coffee everyday.
  3. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Caffeine as in the form of coffee may be a drug, but it is good for you and helps in the prevention of Alzheimers according to research. I plan to keep drinking coffee. It helps me wake up in the morning too, and stimulates my brain in the morning. Other forms of caffeine I will try to avoid though because it keeps me up at night.
  4. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

As mentioned above, I conclude that moderation is the key, as it is to many other things in life. a cup of coffee in the morning makes that day more productive and joyful.
  5. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

If you just limit your coffee intake to once a day or a few times in a week, I don't think anything would go wrong. The moment you start depending on caffeine to give you energy, then you stop functioning normally.
  6. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

It's okay in moderation, but to go overboard is not good for you. I don't know about all this cheering you up stuff. I think it may just be in your head, but it can be addicting. That's probably why people feel like they always have to go to Starbucks.
  7. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Active Contributor

I do not go the route of coffee as I was told that caffeine is not recommended while pregnant, only in small dosage. I am not sure of just how much of a dosage is small and as such I choose to stay away from it for now. Before all this, I found that I indulged in it moderately, it gave me a jolt of energy. This is why I was mostly a drinker of it when I have to stay up late at nights as it will allow me to be get work done without wanting to sleep for some time.
  8. ReadmeByAmy

ReadmeByAmy Community Champion

Actually I am not a coffee drinker but only in some occasion when coffee is serve that I can't turn down to someone who offered it nicely to me. Although coffee had antioxidant properties which is good for our health we should drink coffee in moderation only.