An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Can pot be used in a good way?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by amin021023, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

Well, I recently read a lot about this topic, and it really seems it depends on the kind of marijuana you are using. Marijuana high in THC is supposed to make you more nervous and even make things worse if you are depressed, but a more balanced marijuana with a higher content of CBD might help calm someone nerves. But at the same time it seems THC is the responsible to aid people to sleep better, while CBD seems to promote wakefulness :( So this is so complicated!
  2. Rowe992

Rowe992 Senior Contributor

Of course there are many medical benefits of marijuana ranging from treatment for some eye problems to treatment for other body ailments. Marijuana is a medicine when ingested in the correct way and not by smoking as it is mostly done.
  3. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I think if someone would want to have just fun or relax, there could be other things to do than to smoke. Just like eating your favorite foods, watching a good movie, playing a sports or online game and having a good conversation with your friends or loved ones. If for medical purposes, I think it is just fine to be used with the right supervision of healthcare personnel.
  4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

As long as that person knows how to use marijuana responsibly and in moderation, then I guess I am fine with it to be considered as a good recreational drug. But if the person somehow loses control over his/her substance intake, then that's when problems will suddenly arise.
  5. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdana Senior Contributor

For me, it has a lot of benefits for my health. I have a chronic illness, and unfortunately at the moment I don't have a lot of other options for pain medications because my doctors don't want to get me hooked on them at such a young age. but smoking weed once in a while helps me on my really horrible pain days.
    missbishi likes this.
  6. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Hi @hellonamesdana, haven't seen you for a while! I'm sorry to hear that you're still in pain but it's good to know you have a strategy.

I think that the only reason marijana remains illegal in most places is because Big Pharma is scared. Scared that people will abandon their nasty little pills in favour or what is essentially a herbal remedy.
  7. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I don't think you should use weed to help you over come some kind of depression. Still I don't think marijuana is as harmful as other things. Using it for fighting depression or something isn't a good idea. If you are just smoking it because you want to that's another thing. It really all depends on why your using it. Weed can't kill you tho.
  8. Jorge Solis

Jorge Solis Active Contributor

Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis. Yes! Marijuana can be used for glaucoma patients. It is also supposed to be an aid for aroma therapy. I personally cannot vouch for this. However, I have a friend who says he uses Marijuana for aroma therapy without ever smoking it. He says it does work!
  9. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

The only way pot can come close to the ideals of goodness is when it is used to relieve pain under the strict and careful guidance of licensed medical practitioners such as doctors, nurses and medtechs. I don't understand why self-administration allegedly for the sake of "calming one's nerves" can be considered a "good way." Recreational use is dangerous. One thing will lead to another and the situation worsens before you know it.
  10. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

but I've heard pot is not good for people with mental disorder...are you sure about this? though personally I've learnt that pot does help me with my mental problems but as long as it's in my system, after a couple of days when detoxing starts, they get worse than ever.
  11. Joethefirst

Joethefirst Community Champion

I guess it could it all depends on how it's consumed, if it's smoked I don't think so but if you make it into a tea and add some sort of fat into during the brewing process, it could be used as a anti depressant. It would have to be used as any other prescription drug and not on a continuous bases.
  12. Psyduck

Psyduck Active Contributor

I abide by the quote, "Anything or everything up to a certain level of control is acceptable." So, while pot could be good, you should know your limits. You shouldn't let it take over your life and you should be the one in control. As long as we have will-power and self-control and don't let things get out of control, we'll be fine.
  13. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

As pointed out several times in this thread, moderation is the key, that's why I watch out and am extra careful on school nights.