An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cannabis detox

Discussion in 'Share Your Detox Experience' started by amin021023, May 5, 2015.

1. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

I've experienced detoxification from cannabis and I can say it's not easy to deal with it. With a little bit help from family members and friends would help significantly though I was alone.

Aside from cravings for the drug which is not that hard to handle though you'll get depressed and anxious and have difficulty sleeping, being restless during the day is also one of the symptoms. The worst of all is the depression and anxiety which can cause relapse, mood swings will become way more intense. I remember I found myself crying like a baby for no reason so there's that.

Hope this share will help some.
  2. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I have never heard of people physically craving marijuana, but I have heard of people subconsciously wanting to smoke pot whenever they are doing things. I am glad that you had a good detox, though. Are you still off of it?
  3. Matthodge1

Maybe it is really just a personal thing? I don't know.
  4. amin021023

That's true, it doesn't have physical pain or something but there are cravings maybe way less intense than Nicotine craving. I didn't mean to quit, I was having a long break from smoking and it helped, even though I didn't quit I cut it down.
  5. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

Ah, I know people who grow antsy without it and who are grumpy because they're "bored" and "usually, I'd just sit and watch videos high, but without the weed, it's just boring!"

S'good to take breaks, really, makes you realize a few things.
  6. amin021023

Antsy is the most common thing you get when taking breaks, and taking breaks once in a while is good, even though I'm not a regular smoker, I take long breaks when I feel like I'm developing a habit.
    bluedressed likes this.
  7. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

I think that cannabis detox is way more in our head that in our body, but this doesn't mean that it's easy. We usually are strong to our habits so to break them is not an easy task.
  8. bluedressed

bluedressed Community Champion

Taking breaks of anything can help us, I think -- I mean, not of vital things or obviously good things (like, exercising etc) -- at least regain some focus and think about how our behaviour might have changed.
    amin021023 likes this.
  9. Matthodge1

Do you ever plan on quitting? That could be beneficial to you.
  10. Matthodge1

I agree with that last sentence. Even if it is taking a break from the every day monotonous tasks, it is good to change things up a bit and realize that life is short, and you need to live every day to the fullest.
  11. sunflogun

So true, if we do take a break we immediately feel a "force" pulling us back and that is called addiction. So if we think we are enjoying ourselves, nothing like pausing to see it.
  12. amin021023

I don't really see any benefits in quitting at least not yet, I believe I'm not gonna abuse it again like last year. no problem will be caused by weed smoking as long as you keep it safe, but thanks for your kindness.
  13. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

I havne't either. Marijuana addiction is a psychological thing which gives little physical withdrawal symptoms. The habits which have accompanied it's use can be very difficult to break though.
  14. Matthodge1

Ah, I see what you mean. I can understand having psychological issues whenever trying to quit pot, but physical cravings are different.
  15. Matthodge1

There are tons of benefits. Your lung capacity will expand, you will be healthier, your life expectancy will be longer, you will have more motivation, less munchies, etc. But you do you.
  16. sunflogun

That is the mind frame of the drug addict, they don't see the benefits of quitting and say they are not going to abuse. If you're not ready to quit today, you are still missing the point.
  17. amin021023

Honestly my motivation is fine. I study and work just fine. as for lung capacity I agree but I'm not an athlete or something that uses his lungs that much. munchies, you got me there, my eating habit is bad but that doesn't have much to do with weed. Honestly the only benefit I see in quitting weed is to do more useful things like exercising, reading and learning Guitar but really who has time for all that.
  18. Matthodge1

I'm glad that your motivation is not at an all time low. Honestly, the lung issue is more of a "how long do you wanna live" type deal, so if you're not looking to live too long, then hey, keep on smoking. The food issue is really just an American thing. Americans eat terribly so that goes for everyone.
  19. Matthodge1

That is true. Most addicts do not see the benefits of quitting, and they also do not like change, so they choose to ignore why they should quit.
  20. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

I do and I'm self employed and work full time, so that's not a very reasonable excuse in my opinion. Yes, I used to use Marijuana (amongst other substances which I have been addicted to). The truth is that you won't realize how many benefits there really are until you quit - there is a substantial number of benefits, believe me I know from experience. I exercise every day (mainly walking), I read and learn every day (and am now a semi-professional writer) and I play and teach guitar. Ask yourself, how much time do you spend each day preparing and consuming Marijuana? That's time which could be spent doing more productive things.