An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cannabis detox

Discussion in 'Share Your Detox Experience' started by amin021023, May 5, 2015.

1. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

I see your point, I waste several hours doing weed at weekends that can be allocated to more useful things like Guitar practicing and reading, but don't forget the fact thta it's not a waste of time if you're enjoying it.
  2. amin021023

I could say the same thing to you, regardless of what kind of habits you have.
  3. kassie1234

kassie1234 Community Champion

I think those feelings of depression, anxiety and difficulty sleeping are common with the detox process from a lot of drugs. I even know myself with alcohol I found that when I stopped I felt very flat and very bored (which made me feel depressed/anxious) and I also had trouble sleeping. I just had to focus on the fact that I didn't want to rely on any substance to get me through the day. That mindset got me through the hard times of the detox process. Well done for getting through it! It's never easy but the benefits are so, so worth it!
  4. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

I recall when I was abusing and I thought everything was pretty much normal, I was doing good at school and I though life was easy because I could consume and do everything else as well.
  5. sunflogun

I am not getting what you mean by this post amino, maybe you can develop is a little further? Are we saying anyone thinks like a drug addict?
  6. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Again, this just seems like the mindset of an addict if you ask me. To say "I could say the same thing to you, regardless of what kind of habits you have." in response to sunflogan's statement seems purely defensive and bears very little logic. In fact, it seems like a very typical excuse that a drug addict, or someone similar, would come up with. I think amin021023 needs to realize that good habits can be developed too, not just bad ones.

Yes, it is.
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
    sunflogun likes this.
  7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Sure your experience is going to help, because the increasing number of marijuana smokers is alarming.

Legalization of cannabis is turning into a kind of "trending topic" in which everybody is wanting to participate, even those who have never thought to get high using this.

Problem might not be testing it to be into the groove, or just out of curiosity. Real problem is picking cannabis addiction and having to face what you have face before and during your detox treatment.

Glad to see you have left this episode in your life behind, and now here to share with us your experience :)
  8. sunflogun

Pretty much as I interpreted it in the first place, but I did want amino to develop further to see if he could understand what he was saying. Evading reality will take us no where.
  9. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

I know plenty of people who have been in a very similar situation to this. Usually, they don't notice a change until their grades or their careers begin to suffer.
  10. sunflogun

My grades never changed, I was a good student all along, but my behavior was strange because I was almost always high so something clicked inside of me and motivated my change.
  11. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

In the face of a drug test, users try to circumvent the results by drinking lots of milk for one month, without taking drugs. After the drug test, they usually test negative. If you try to analyze this method, it could be effective in seriously detoxifying one's system from cannabis or any other drug for that matter. In addition to milk, alkaline water, fruits, vegetables and lots of exercises will help rinse toxic drugs out of your system in no time.
  12. sunflogun

So that is a really good tip to get the body clean, let's just pretend we have a test and do it and after one month we just keep on doing it. That is why it's called a light drug, it's not as hard to clean it as the others, at least physically.
  13. rightct

rightct Community Champion

I don't think people feel the need of smoking marijuana out of physical need, I would say it's more because it's become somekind of reflex if they smoke it often. I don't know what to say though since not rarely have I seen people uncontrollably trembling due to lack of marijuana, so this would make sense after all. I'm no drug savvy, so I couldn't exactly tell.
  14. Danyell

Danyell Community Champion

I couldn't agree more. I was a huge pot smoker years ago and no one I know, including myself, ever experienced physical withdrawls. Yes, you form a habit but for me it wasn't terrible to stop. I am an active heroin addict still trying to get clean after years of using and replasping, and it is the complete opposite. It is both physical and mental, and the worst thing that I have ever experienced.
  15. lalabee21

lalabee21 Active Contributor

I never thought that marijuana could cause all these symptoms. I know a lot of people who smoke pot and they don’t see themselves as addicts. But maybe that’s because they smoke every single day and they don’t know what it’s like to be without it. I’m amazed how many people can be in complete denial about cannabis and the addiction it causes. I’m definitely going to show my friends this post and maybe even dare them to try this detox and see if they can handle it.
  16. sunflogun

Marijuana is a drug and like any other drugs it has side effects. There are worse drugs? Sure, even some pills we take that consider to be harmless, but it's a drug nevertheless.
  17. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

This sounds quite extreme. The only problem I ever suffered with when quitting marijuana was being unable to sleep and perhaps feeling a little frustrated. That was it, nothing more. Most people I know who have quit have managed to do so fairly easily without any withdrawal symptoms. I have known people who used it for over twenty years to just quit one day without any problems - they just decided it was time. I suspect that a lot of these problems were psychological.
  18. sunflogun

Actually I don't recall having those problems, but eventually I never was a serious addict on marijuana. I recall the psychological addiction more than the physical one.
  19. amin021023

don't show them that post, it may discourage them.

I'm totally clean and sober and can say the detox was successful.
  20. sunflogun

That is the main issue, many people smoke pot and don't even consider it a drug, many times they don't even realize they cannot live without it.