An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Can't find treatment in Iowa

Discussion in 'Questions About Treatment' started by slamina, Dec 29, 2017.

1. slamina

slamina Member

Hi to all,

This may take a administrator or moderator. The reason I'm here is because I couldn't find a way to email to ask and I didn't want to make a phone call, due to personal issue. I am 58 yrs. old and I am a addict to several prescribed medications.
    1) Methadone for pain- 10mg. 2 x's day for 6 yrs. before that Oxycontin for 14 yrs. so I have taken opiates continually for 18 yrs. or longer
    2) Adderall for chronic fatigue and ADD- 20 mg. 3 x's day for 10 yrs.
    3) Lorazepam- .05mg. 3 to 4 x's daily for 30 yrs.
    4) antidepressants 2 types for 35 yrs.

I need my life back. None of the meds, are working aside from methadone helping somewhat with pain. The adderall doesn't help until taking the last dose late in the day and the Lorazepam does help calm me down some. Antidepressants, I have no idea because I'm severely depressed. I have no energy absolutely none. I could sleep all day. I have 2 hours in the evening that I can get something done like dishes or shopping but after those 2 hours I'm back to the same. I need good counseling since I'm addicted to so many drugs but there are no good programs in IA and none that take medicaid out of state. I think I'm doomed. I can't live this way any longer. Thanks for reading
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@slamina... I put "Iowa" into the Treatment Locator tool on the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's website and it turned up 123 facilities. Have you looked into all of those? The information provided on the website will tell you which ones take Medicaid. Here's the link to the search I did:

https://goo.gl/uWtdBq

FYI, a lot of facilities will work with you financially based on your ability to pay. Some even offer "scholarships."