An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Can't sleep, yet I get nightmares

Discussion in 'Withdrawal Symptoms' started by DK01, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Peninha

Peninha Community Champion

Sleep deprivation is a sort of torture in prisons, so nothing like understanding what's happening because the lack of sleep can really drive us nuts.
  2. Rowe992

Rowe992 Senior Contributor

Well I think you should just ride it out for another 2 weeks or so and if it continues then seek professional help. Maybe it is something that has to do with some mental issue you may have and not know about and so seek some therapy and see if that will help your problem with sleeping.
  3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Senior Contributor

You really need some help with this insomnia and smoking problem. I hope to God that your nightmares would end. It is like you have PTSD and that is no joke.
  4. Determined2014

Determined2014 Senior Contributor

I am sory that you have to go through this, but you have really shocked me, I never knew or even thought that someone can actually have such terror nightmares when they quit cigarettes, meaning cigarettes are a strong drug, I had only heard of people gaining weight when they quit smoking, but not havving night mares and insomnia, I do hope that you feel better soon.
  5. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Senior Contributor

Just out of curiosity, do you leave your television on when trying to get to sleep. Some people do this for the "white noise" and to sort of keep them entertained while they are trying to nod off. I'm a very light sleeper, meaning I don't usually get into the "deep" modes of sleep that one needs to get fully recharged from it. But the sort of silly thing I've noticed is how much of what is running on TV will make it's way into my dreams in some form or fashion. In particular, I tend to have these kinds of nightmares if I leave AMC on, on the nights when The Walking Dead airs, since they keep re-playing the episode several more times after it initially airs.