An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Catching up

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by liliann, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

you have a great night yourself. and i pray for continued healing. sounds like you are getting there. just keep on keeping on!
  2. liliann

liliann Senior Contributor

Hi guys
    big news...i got a new sponsor. I asked her today and she said she'd be honored.
    i told my old sponsor and she told me she loves me and will always be a part of my support group.
    i feel more back on track.
  3. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Great news, @liliann! Proud of you! We love you, too!:)
  4. liliann

Josh and I made a good team yesterday with a girl from my meeting that reached out to me and I didn't know what to tell her and he was there the whole time advising me from his experience. One addict truly helping another.
    This is an amazing site Dean and I do know you care and love us all.
    Its a really good feeling to be loved unconditionally.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@liliann hey you. so glad you got a sponsor! truly proud of you for asking and moving forward like that. and, for reaching out to josh for support as you helped someone. i love people helping people! it really does make a difference!

thanks to everyone here who takes the time and effort to help...and pray. truly grateful!

and you're right, it does feel good to be loved without conditions... <3
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

7. True concern

True concern Moderator

Just curious what do you mean "She is the Nazi type" lol,sorry that part just pops out to me
  8. liliann

meaning very very by the book strict.
    but that is all a moot point because i picked the loving one and she has now been my sponsor since monday.
  9. Joshstillclean

i'm glad you picked her. i was hoping you would. people that go by the book -even when the book doesn't make since in this case- irritate me. i shut them out completely.
    i think this is one reason i do not do well working for someone else. i don't do policy-just because it's policy.
    i'm getting off track. i wanted to ask which one you picked but decided not to and this answers my unspoken question. YAY!
    deanokat and liliann like this.
  10. True concern

True concern Moderator

Oh ok lol,a unique way of describing "By the book". It's hard to know anymore since CNN's propaganda machine refers to all white people as Nazis.
  11. Joshstillclean

I don't watch news especially CNN are they really using Nazi as a derogatory term for people they don't agree with now? Thays just so, I don't know what that is?
  12. True concern

True concern Moderator

No they are using it to describe white people in general