An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Change for good!

Discussion in 'Sobriety Tips and Inspiration' started by cool164, Dec 29, 2014.

1. cool164

cool164 Member

Always try to be clean. Change for the people who love you, the people who care. People care, just find the correct ones. You have so much to live for. Be healthy, and be wise with your choices. Sending my support now and always.
    MrsJones likes this.
  2. Rainman

Rainman Community Champion

Good tip that. Even if an addict may feel they have nothing to live for at least they can use someone who needs them as the anchor that will keep them from drifting away once they've set their mind on fighting their addiction. Love can see one face and overcome insurmountable odds, addiction being one of them. Just focus on that one person who loves you most and stay clean, for them.
    MrsJones likes this.
  3. bluzkluz09

bluzkluz09 Active Contributor

Love conquers all. Love is strong and powerful. I agree. Feeling as if you have nothing to live for ask yourself who do I love the most or who loves me the most. That always gets me thinking. Sometimes it's not even a person. It can be a pet. A garden perhaps? I know I have to be at my best to take care of both my pet and my garden. It gives me something to focus on as well as a purpose. Getting through each day my feelings change but I always enjoy seeing my flowers in bloom.
    MrsJones likes this.
  4. keeshamarie

keeshamarie Member

Everything in life is a process. You seriously have to be broken down to get built up! Never be afraid to start rebuilding yourself from the ground up. Small changes from the things you eat or even the people you associate with can be the beginning of changing your life. I say this because I had to go through a storm just to see a glimpse of a rainbow. Changes are a good thing, get out of your comfort zone and remember just how valuable your life is! :)
    MrsJones likes this.
  5. juno

juno Community Champion

Thank you for the inspirational words. Sometimes we just need to be reminded that there are people who care for us and we have some important reasons to be clean.
    MrsJones likes this.
  6. Tournique

Tournique Senior Contributor

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that you can change for good. When dark times are ahead, it's good to keep your head up high and keep breathing. After every storm there is a sunny day.
    MrsJones likes this.
  7. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Lots of nice words and phrases on this thread. :)
    Agree that great to change for good for those who loves you and for yourself. There are lots of reasons to change for the better.
    MrsJones likes this.
  8. 003

003 Community Champion

When you are changing something, think for the long-term, think that it's for the good and not just temporary. From my personal experience, when I have this kind of thinking, my change is more effective because I wouldn't have to resort to cheat days. Also thinking like this makes me forget the old me. When I change, it's really change, and it's really challenging. But change is necessary to improve ourselves, so if change is successfully carried, then all the hard-work is just worth it.
    MrsJones likes this.
  9. Tournique

Tournique Senior Contributor

Don't be outcome dependent and focus on the journey more. The happiness is a journey and not an end result. Looking back, I have tons of good memories and bad ones aswell.
  10. drc52

drc52 Active Contributor

Changing for the good is always good. The problem with change is that it can make you worried, being worried can lead to a relapse. Changing can be difficult, but it is good!