An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Chinese drugs

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by kgord, Aug 31, 2015.

1. kgord

kgord Community Champion

Apparently, drugs that mimic benzodiapems or opiates are being made in Chinese labs and sold cheaply. I think one gram is 39.90. Does anyone know anything about this? I did not know that Chinese labs manufactured drugs under lab conditions that mimicked illegal street drugs. Coming from China I wouldn't think they would be safe. I mean who are buying these?? People that want to sell on the street for a huge mark up I guess..I doubt seriously they would be used in a medical facility.
  2. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

This wouldn't surprise me. I haven't heard about these new drugs yet. Ever since they came out with synthetic marijuana people have been looking for new ways to get high. I really don't know if these would be safe unless we knew what was in it. I don't think they would use anything like that in a medical facility either.
  3. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Senior Contributor

China, and I believe India, have apparently been major sources of "synthetic" drugs over the past 10+ years. These collectively are otherwise known by their more recent street name "bath salts", but they also go by a bunch of other constantly changing names, such as "shoe deodorizer", "plant food", "meow meow", and more. Some of them are uppers similar to MDMA or Cocaine or Meth, while others are downers like Benzo's.

I stopped doing them a couple years ago, but a couple times I did order them from China from a lab. It was rather easy actually, aside from having to wait a few weeks for them to ship from China to the US. They're basically just being sold as "research chemicals" and are labeled as not fit for human consumption. Because many of these drugs haven't yet been classified as illegal, there was nothing against the law about ordering them.

Unlike drugs such as Meth or Cocaine, it would be nearly impossible for a home user to create these types of synthetic chemicals outside of a lab setting, which is why they have become such big suppliers of them. Usually they would only sell these chemicals in larger amounts, so you might have to buy a few hundred dollars worth at a time - you couldn't order a gram or so at a time.

I suspect what some entrepreneurial folks were doing is ordering these things in bulk, then cutting them with stuff like dextrose or other benign ingredients, then re-packaging them in 1 gram packages with some fancy label, and selling them in head shops as "bath salts".
  4. sunflogun

sunflogun Community Champion

Just the title of the thread scares me, but than again, any drug is scary. These days any guy with lab connections can create a new drugs with unknown effects...
  5. Adrianna

Adrianna Community Champion

Maybe it is generic drugs. Made in China generic drugs. It can't be good. Lol oh my God is there anything else we can get from China to sell here? This country really needs to stop making other countries rich and killing our own business.
  6. GettingBetter

GettingBetter Senior Contributor

Wow these substances can be really terrifying. What I've been reading says that as soon as one gets outlawed, the lab makes a tiny change in the chemical compound and this new drug becomes legal. Who knows what all these fast changes do? They are certainly not tested for safety! This stuff is really scary.
  7. anorexorcist

anorexorcist Community Champion

I haven't heard about them before this post, but they seem really dangerous! If "regular" drugs are dangerous I can't imagine what Chinese drugs can make to someone's body, this needs to stop.
  8. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I have heard about this sort of thing in India and people have connections or have done some science course, especially chemistry and biological body and have learnt how to make these sort of drugs and are misusing what they learnt and trying to make a quick buck. There was a case last year where a couple in India who are from China purchased cheap drugs and sent them to China and were selling them online and these drugs are not tested, and unsafe and imitate the real ones so people who want to save money may purchase them and can end up wasting their money. People are still buying online as they may see a discount and think the product may work when in fact it is just about money for the seller who is making easy money online and enjoying the riches they make.
  9. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

This is getting scary that we get more from China than just cheap clothes. I also don't think any ethical medical facility would use drugs from a shady lab that hasn't been inspected, evaluated or anything else. Just the reputation alone should tip you off if the drug your trying to get isn't even under the radar of the country yet.
  10. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

I could see various Chinese drug stores here and I doubt if all of those in their store are legal or being approved by the drugs authority. Better to avoid those kind of drugs that you are not sure how safe or really for a certain illness.