An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Chlorpheniramine Maleate + Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide Abuse

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by kush0720, Jul 17, 2020.

1. kush0720

kush0720 Member

Hi All,

My brother has been consuming at least 2 bottles of a cough syrup daily for over 5 years now. The cough syrup contains
    Chlorpheniramine Maleate + Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide.

We have tried telling him that he is addicted and has to seek help but he just stays in denial. His sleeping pattern, eating pattern is all screwed up and moreover he just spends all time on his phone watching videos and memes. How can we make him agree and believe that he needs medical help?
  2. Davers

Davers Community Champion

Thanks for sharing .

How old is yr brother 'if I may ask '?

I truly hope that's all he is abusing , & not mixing with booze and other drugs .

IMO It def, best he understand his behavior now before the it gets worse .

He has to know what he is doing is not normal , & as bullwinkle says here 'in a way ' he is self medicating for a reason & finding out that reason will help get him into a mindset of recovery , I Hope.

That med is otc , if I recall correctly , so $ may be issue as to why he has not moved on to harder things & maybe his age ..ie, the reason I asked .

Are you his only support ? do the parents / relatives know?

Also the phone is a huge problem imo , ..the internet & all the BS on there to be found along with many good things as well .

I can only stand to be online for 3-4 hours a day & that's on my old laptop , it drives me crazy , & many times puts me in an angry mood along with media , but that's another story .

I truly hope he comes to his since's asap & can get help before things get worse .

Stay strong & don't be too judgmental (tho that's hard ) , let him know it's not to late to change & also let him know we all have issues to deal with so he's not alone in his mental nightmare.

Ill be praying for him & the family & friends .
    Good Eve.

I'd keep calling him out , out of concern , & caring & try not to be judgmental , I know it's hard tho .

I truly hope he will come to his sences
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    True concern likes this.
  3. True concern

True concern Moderator

Message @Will_ His feeling's are hurt because i told him i could crush the site!Nah Fuc* That build it UP I'llFind you ALL