An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine Addiction

Discussion in 'Share Your Story Here' started by sanshoukid, Feb 4, 2016.

1. sanshoukid

sanshoukid Member

Hi, I am ashamed to admit that I had a cocaine addiction. It first started in High School, and I was just with a couple of really good "friends". We were all pretty good students and had not caused any trouble in our lives. On that particular day on e of my friends brought his friend that I had never seen before. This kid was friendly and unsuspecting. After going to a party, this new person that I had met through my friend offered the group of us some cocaine. This may sound like a generic "teenager goes to the party and does drugs story", but this really does happen. Everybody was okay with it, so I took some also. I'll be honest and admit it felt amazing. I had never experienced anything like it.

That was the start of my cocaine addiction that grew steadily. Luckily I never physically harmed anybody during my addiction, but I did steal money from my parents o fuel my addiction. The day my parents found out, they were devastated and extremely disappointed in me. They told me a Chinese saying that translates to "Family thieves are the hardest to protect against". I felt lower than dirt. I even contemplated ending my own life... I had always had a nice relationship with my parents and for them to be so disappointed in me destroyed me emotionally. This drove me to seek help for my addiction, and I can proudly say that I am saved.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@sanshoukid... Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing. I'm so glad you were able to overcome your cocaine addiction. You are an inspiration to others!
  3. L_B

L_B Community Champion

Congratulations on getting your life clean. I am so proud of you and I am sure you have made your parents proud by getting your life in order and finally being drug free. I know it is hard when we left our parents down but because you reached that low in your life you were able to seek the help you needed! Your story is a true inspiration. Thank you fot taking the time to share it with us. Welcome to the group we are glad to have you here.
  4. amin021023

amin021023 Community Champion

wow, thanks for sharing your story, it's sad to see how easily our teenagers can fall into addiction like this, though I'm glad you did great and quit.
  5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

Hello there, @sanshoukid! Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing. It's good to hear that you have now finally realized that cocaine addiction will never bring any good to you. And wow, congratulations on your recovery. I wish you all the best. :)
  6. doatk22

doatk22 Community Champion

Yay the story has a happy ending! I'm so glad that you got free of your addiction. Disappointment really is devastating when you put that on other people that you care about. But I'm sure they're very proud of you and so happy that you're clean.
  7. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Good to know that you was able to get rid of that addiction. Good to know too that you value your parents a lot and made them your motivation or inspiration to change your life for the better. Always nice to read a success story like yours.