An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

"Cocaine Bug Syndrome"

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by ExpertAdvice, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Shadey360

Shadey360 Member

I agree @deanokat. That is what has been on my mind lately. And its 10 times more poisonous than 10 years ago it seems. Yeah, i need a change. Just gotta build up the courage to push myself over the edge... in a good way. Thanks again
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Anytime, @Shadey360. And please know that we're here to help and support you any way we can. If you decide to quit, use us as part of your support network. Or for accountability. And you can always just come here and vent if you need/want to.

Sending you lots of hope and encouragement. You can change if you want to. I know you can.
  3. Joshstillclean

Joshstillclean Stupidity Exists - Fact.

This thread has me a little freaked out. I'm not sure who to take serious and who not to.
    I used to IV speed ball. I'm being very honest because I want an honest answer please. I did it for 2 years daily for about 16 months. And honestly if you don't know what a speed ball is then good for you, plus I kinda want an answer from someone with speed ball (or at least experience with the two) so I know its an informed answer.
    I did get bubble like blisters right after a large shot. And the truth is I noticed the "rash " more when my shot had more powder than dope in it.
    Since I have quit speedballing I have not had this rash. One time I did a coke only shot and this effect was prominent all over my chest.
    Is this (I was hoping it was and still am) in my head? I have felt bugs crawling on me. When I was homeless I bet I did have bugs on me.
    But this is just freaking weird. I've also had multiple MRI because of seizure while I was speedballing and if that's the only cure then I'm screwed. Or it just stays dormant. Am I just buying into something that is making me look like a total idiot?
  4. deanokat

This thread freaks me out, too, @Joshstillclean. And I'm still not sure how much of it is real, either.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  5. fixxxer2019

fixxxer2019 Member

yes I never experienced it but have seen other users of crack itch Soo hard they tear their skin up. the most I've had is restless leg syndrome and grinding of my teeth.
    deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  6. deanokat

That's something to be grateful for, @fixxxer2019.
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  7. Joshstillclean

OK genuinly curious here.
    so do you agree that they were scratching for no reason?
    cause this thread has been up for a while and i did a lot of cocaine and stayed up too long. so yes i saw weird stuff...
    but this takes it to a whole new level for me
    like whhaaaaaaaaaatt?
    What do you think about this?
    deanokat likes this.
  8. fixxxer2019

fixxxer2019 Member

I'm just greatful to be free of this devilish drug.
    deanokat and Joshstillclean like this.
  9. Joshstillclean

I'm glad your free as well.
    I will continue to monitor this thread and see if i can ever get a straight answere to the ever illusive faster than light cocaine worms that some see come out of their a/c vents, other people their pores...
    Man this is wierd. I gotta know. See I have witnessed people insanely scratching and slapping and stuff...
    Is this just a common hallucination? But then the stories that swear up and dow it's real are all so similiar...
    Gov't experimentation is my bet.
    I can tell you this if I had ever EVER pulled a worm out of my skin after coke use, guess what i would have never used again.
    That's the number one thing that makes me doughtfull. But, I'm open to alot of stuff...
  10. fixxxer2019

fixxxer2019 Member

there doesn't seem to be alot of forum users on here. I'm shocked but I guess most people are embarrassed to post about their drug use.

the cocaine bug syndrome isn't real bugs. the drug does weird things to your mind. that's why some long term users get rashes and get a feeling of bugs under the skin. it's nothing more than a reaction to the drugs.
  11. Joshstillclean

i was wondering where all the people are myself. i see that people look at the threads but I can count on two hands the number of people that will respond daily. oh well. i decided that I get to vent and if it helps someone in the process thats ok with me.

And thank you for clearing that up. So many people will not agree with me that it COULD BE a figment of their imaginations-given they are highly intoxicated. But I have done some seriously strong coke in seriously hard ways and never pulled a wrom out of the bottom of my foot.

In fact i don't think i could casually post about something like that. I think I would really just check myself into a mental hosital. thats's what I would do.
    deanokat likes this.
  12. DAV15

DAV15 Member

cocaine bug syndrome is real, I can tell you that 100%. I think when people feel bugs crawling under there skin I think they are hallucinating as I have never felt that. I feel the presence of something else in the room but cant see exactly what it is but all I can say is it feels like u are walking thru spider webs and that this bug or whatever it is travels very fast back & fourth in the room and also stings me sometimes.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  13. Joshstillclean

now i do believe that. i believe that it's demonic.
    Dominica and deanokat like this.
  14. Dominica

Dominica Recovery Advocate @ Moving Beyond Codependency Community Listener

@DAV15 that is frightening... this happens when you are on something or no? just curious.
  15. DAV15

DAV15 Member

Yes only happens when I'm smoking cocaine, in a way it's a good thing as it acts as a deterrent as my cocaine use has gone from smoking everyday to a couple of times a week.
    deanokat likes this.
  16. deanokat

I guess anything that can reduce the amount of coke you use isn't a totally bad thing. But I'm sorry you have to experience that, @DAV15. It sounds awful.
  17. Dikystyx

Dikystyx Member

So I was just gonna looking around the Internet and came across your post asking your question.

The answer is yes I do indeed go through this, it was not always like this and now that it is it is very infuriating. My drug you started was very young and was on the streets. I was probly about 13 the 1st time I did Stimulants being a Homeless teenage boy living in the Capitol Hill neighborhood Of Seattle where there is a Very high drug addict population Pervert who were willing to give teenage boys Free stuff.

I used the big 3 (heroin, cocaine and meth) pretty steadily growing up Until I hit the probly around 18 or 19 and then I settled on just heroin and cocaine, That was when my cocaine addiction really started getting fleshed out and heroin just became maintenance for me. Around this time I started to get the phobia of spiders or bees crawling in my clothes.
    Eventually I would get on methadone And I quit using heroin a altogether.
    This unfortunately made me use coke every time I wanted to get high and sometime around the age of 33 or 34 I saw a friend accidentally put his hand in a spiders nest with about 200 newly hatched baby spiders all over it and they got on his hand and started biting and his hand turned all red and he was saying it burned.... shortly thereafter I would get phantom crawling and it only got worse as time went on...

Around that time I spent a lot of time in runned down houses, homeless camps, public parks and trashed apartments so this wasnt out of the area of possibility but recently (the past 2 years) I have finally got my **** mostly together. I have a good job, I am going to school, I live in a nice condo in the downtown of a very wealthy part of town (Bellevue washington) i got my first car and am doing (mostly) good... it's just every once in a while I binge for a week on crack (I hate crack but shooting coke now makes my heart hurt so...) and this last time I no longer can just "chill" now it is only the phantom bugs and sometimes it feels like they even bite.

If I was to describe it I would say imagine that a hundred baby spiders started crawling on your back, butt, inner thighs and crotch. You can sometimes feel something with your fingers but can never grab it.
    After panicking a little they might bite my back and butt and it feels like a pin prick. Sometimes it will feel kinda like a quick rash and it burns.
    If I'm really trying to feel them out on my back, my fingers might feel a little prick that could also feel like getting poked or shocked.

The second I take a hit it never fails to start, i keep trying hoping it will be different but i feel like this is it.
    Oh well, probably should quit anyway.
  18. Joshstillclean

time to stop. i also was a heroin and coke user. however the coke was the maintenace one for me and the heroin addiction got fleshed out. i am almost 2 years clean now. my friend i have been homelesss and i have been welathy just like you say you have been.
    but honestly i have never beeen as happy as i am comletely off street dope, dont abuse pharmaceuticals, and KNOW that when i get cravings i WILL say no.
    i get cravings alot. i have posted about it here just recently. but i feel bettter having decided that i will never do drugs or drink again. (pot not icluded, plus i have epilepsy and it helps alot)
    if you make the decision to stop ou will feel even better about that than you do your nice condo and car put together. im speaking from experience. and i am 32 in a few weeks. igot high when i was 14 and i didnt stop. stayed high or drunkk for 15 years. even snuck dope into rehabs to get high. went to jail and there was as much sope ther if not more. so got high there. i literally got high-liked it more than anything- and came from a well off family so i never went without. i wish i had been born dirt poor.
    its true. and today, sober, i could have lots of money if i wanted. but i am living on a farm, and dont know how much is in my account. i dont care about wealth anymore. that was an addiction too. just thought id throw that out there.
    when i stopped chasing money A LOT of my problems went away. i work hard i really do. i even have a full time and part time job- but i could just live off of family money if i wanted to be lazy.
    i hate laziness. but i decided to use my blessing of not having to worry about finances to help others. sometimes when i repair a car (im a mechanic) and they are obviously struggling i dont charge anything but parts. that is a natural high that feels so much better than a coke high i promise.
  19. Kirky1988

Kirky1988 Member

Never heard of this before but after a 48 binge once as I was making lines the cocain looked like little white ants running around on the plate and I started to itch all over and was red and patchy all over my skin...

My hands and forearms started to tingle and sting

Probably done around 7g over the 48h
  20. These things are absolutely real. A couple of years ago I was going through some tough times and chose to start using coke. I was in "**** life" mode and rarely had a day that I wasnt doing coke. If I wasnt using it was because my body crashed. After about a year of consistently using that amount I started getting these sensations. I dont know when it got extreme, but eventually it was to the point that I became obsessed with finding them. I would even get extremely high sometimes just to stir up the parasites and get them moving. There were other anomalies as well. like how I could scratch any-no exaggeration-literally any pore and eventually break the skin to reveal a fabric type specimen. Like cotton, and mostly white of color, sometimes red and green. Some hairs on my arms would look umnatural like they were dying. Once during one of my binges I noticed a small black spec embedded under my forearm. I picked at it. Irritated it. Got tweezers, picked at it, and just before I could pull it out it showed supernatural strength and pulled itself back in my skin and seemed to then widen, flatten and embed itself even further in my skin. This happened a lot. During one day of frustration I came equipped again with tweezers and ran one of the spots under hot water. I dont remember why, but I think the hot water got it moving. The same thing happened though, except this time I had a better grip, and pulled it out even further. It almost look like a flea. Shiny and brownish. I couldnt tell what part of its body was being pulled. It was probably the most pain Ive ever felt. It was not coming out and it just felt like I was going to rip out whatever it was latched onto inside my arm. It felt like I was pulling a ligament, so I let go. It immediately sunk deep into the hole I was pulling it out of, then the Fuxked up part happen. As soon as it sunk in the initial hole it popped back out and opened up an area in my skin about .25" away from the first and burrowed in. I almost threw up. It was something out of a damn horror film. I know it was real because there were two dots now. My mom even ackowledged the dots. There were other things that happened to me as well. I did not imagine this ****. If I knew I was getting high I had to have strong, clear tape and white paper. Ive captured so many weird specimens off of my clothes, skin and hair. Sheets especially. A lot things I cant recall at the moment. I did so many things and experienced such weird ****. It was definitely evil, man. Has anyone else noticed how touching food would affect the food? I wont say too much about it, because I dont remember everything, but one time during a high & while eating a frozen burrito, cooked of course, I noticed the warmth of the tortilla was making my hands sweat. There was no grease whatsoever on the tortilla, but when I looked at my palms I could see brownish spots of perspiration with almost microspcopic black dots in them. I didnt eat anythimg for a while after that for a while unless it was candy. Ok this is the last one Ill tell for now. One night, I caught one of the black things in between some cardboard. I smushed it inside of it. I was almost petrified by these things, because I truly believe they can fucking kill you and they already hurt me pretty bad a few times. Anyway, the next day I came back and It was still stuck inside the smushed part of the cardboard, but hairs were sprouting out of it now, so I sprayed it with bleach and the soaked area revealed a damn design that looked like worm, vein like patterns to where the smushed specimen was. I got a flat head and smushed down super hard and it started making a ticking noise almost exactly like the tick when turning on a gas oven, but quicker and just as loud. I distinctly remember thinking "how is this tiny little dot making a noise this loud." It didnt stop. I was scared and too high to deal with that ****, so I just took it outside and threw it away. No one was believing anything I said by that point anyhow. Seemed every time something happened worth taking video of my battery was dying so flash wouldnt work or something. If youre currently dealing with this and have an area on your body thats affected put hydrogen peroxide on it. You may not like the results though. Nasty AF! My testimony is 100% factual. Im not fuxking around. This was one of the darkest times of my life. If anyone responds ill tell my toilet story. Pretty demonic.
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020