An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine comedown

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Mike91, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Mike91

Mike91 Member

Hi I recently have tried cocaine and have been using almost every weekend for the past 3 months , mostly just at social gatherings. But this past Saturday I think I might have overdid it I became extremely nervous and agitated, almost paranoid and I haven’t felt the same since . It’s been six days and my head still feels foggy , my anxiety and depression have been through the roof and I can’t seem to sleep at all most nights. I’m not sure what to do?
  2. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

Hey there @Mike91 i hope your feeling a little better.
    Now im in no way a medical professional and wont give you that kind of advice rather just personal experiences. To me it really sounds as you mentioned in your post and you over did it this time and so your feeling the side affects more intensely. I have experienced this as well in the past and can understand your concern as it can be scary and worrisome at times. My advice is try and relax with some quiet music and rest your body and get some healthy food into you as well electrolytes and if your still not seeing a change then i would seek medical help from a licensed addiction/substance abuse professional or even your doctor or if needed the emerge staff at the nearest hospital. That being said i know asking for help can be scary esp when anxiety is already present but i assure you any licenced medical personelle is only focused on your health and safety.

Also here is a link to some info to read which is found on this forums website. Hope this helps a little. Take care
    https://www.drugabuse.com/library/the-effects-of-cocaine-use/
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  3. Mike91

Mike91 Member

Thank you for responding so quickly. Yes I did go to the er for my symptoms because I felt something was wrong they ran some tests like blood ,ct, ekg, and others and everything came back normal . They said I could be having a withdrawal even from short periods of use and chalked it up as anxiety . I really hope this goes away soon . All of this has really taken a toll on me. One thing I know for sure is that I’d never touch that stuff again . I just hope I can get back to normal . Thank you for your time @Lostboy8731
    deanokat, Dominica and Lostboy8731 like this.
  4. Lostboy8731

Lostboy8731 Community Champion

Your very welcome. And im glad you got medical attention to be sure. Try and rest and drink plenty of fluids and healthy foods and im sure youll start feeling like yourself again soon.
    Dominica likes this.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@Mike91 i'm glad you're ok and glad you're never going to touch the stuff again!! lesson learned :)
  6. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@Mike91... I hope you start feeling better soon. And I'm thrilled to hear that you're not going to use cocaine again. We're here to help and support you however we can, so don't hesitate to reach out anytime.

Keep doing the next right thing!
    Lostboy8731 likes this.