An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine is such poor quality, biggest waste\most dangerous use of money?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by Hyperion, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Contributor

I see old friends of mine spending such large amounts of Cocaine and they never seem to get anything out of it but getting sick. Who knows what it is being cut with? I can't believe how much Cocaine use has exploded in DC. It is pretty sad, they're all going to have deviated septums soon.

Does anyone else think there is a drug that is a bigger waste of money in terms of its affect? (I know all drugs are bad, but I don't know much about drugs outside of Cocaine, Weed, and DMT). Do other drugs tend to have extreme varying levels of quality? Seems like such a terrible gamble to be making.
  2. kgord

kgord Community Champion

I think all drugs are dangerous in their way. Cocaine is certainly a drug that is dangerous and if mis used can have fatal consequences perhaps is more dangerous than some. I personally never wanted to try it since I had heard it can lead to heart attack...Gee what fun!! not!!
  3. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

All cheap cut drugs are dangerous including prescription. Unless you make the drug yourself from scratch you are taking a chance that the dealer is giving you a good quality drug.
  4. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

I know in New Zealand, where I am from the people get drugs from people who may not be trustworthy and also most people are in it for the money and don't care about the buyers, and also anything can go wrong with a drug deal it is in the news a lot. I think that some dealers could mix anything and also it can cause harm to the person as well, and it is something people can risk their lives and also think it is worth the risk. It can be surprising how some drugs can be more dangerous than others at times and ruin the lives of people, who don't think about what is in the drug which is shocking.
  5. Nergaahl

Nergaahl Community Champion

Poor quality drugs are in general a waste of money. Krokodil seems worse than cocaine though. Its effects are the most horrible I have ever seen and devastating for the user. I don't know why people keep wasting their money on that thing.
  6. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Yea ALL drugs are a big waste of time/money/energy and a waste of a life.
    But coke is really up there, people spend so much cash on it when they are going heavy and they always feel like and look like crap and are useless the next day.
    God wanted us to thrive and prosper, coke is the complete opposite of that. It's pure evil.
  7. mochaisis

mochaisis Member

You are absolutely right! I saw some pictures online of people who were suffering from the effects of Krokodil, and I was immediately terrified. That drug literally eats people's skin. I can't imagine anything being worth that outcome.
  8. mochaisis

mochaisis Member

But cocaine can be cut with just about anything. It's not like drug dealers have some sort of regulatory system for quality, so you really have no idea what your friend could be getting. That's another reason why cocaine and all drugs in general are so dangerous.
  9. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015 Community Champion

I remember hearing about krokodil for the first time in the news a long time ago. It is horrible seeing their skin, so nasty.
  10. henry

henry Community Champion

Well, I've always thought cocaine was a big waste of money. It comes down pretty fast and you have to keep on snorting it every fifteen minutes or so. It's not like weed or alcohol, where a bottle or a couple of joints can last you all night. Cocaine gets snorted pretty fast, and depending on how much you buy, you can spend all night just buying more and more.
  11. lalabee21

lalabee21 Active Contributor

It does matter with what cocaine is cut, but the pure cocaine paste made in Bolivia and Colombia is composed of pretty scary ingredients. Kerosene, gasoil (new and used), cement, sulfuric acid, ammonia…just for you to get an idea of what people are sticking inside their nose. Cocaine is disgusting and of course it’s stupid to be poisoning yourself.
  12. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

Then it's not pure cocaine paste. Pure cocaine paste would be cocaine HCl and nothing else.
  13. lalabee21

lalabee21 Active Contributor

No, the coca leafs are turned into coca paste before turning it into the cocaine you know (HCl). I leave you a link here, https://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/coca2cocaine.html read it and you’ll see what I’m talking about. The coca leafs go through a complex process before going the last stage where the base is dissolved in acetone and hydrochloric acid. This last stage is what turns it into cocaine hydrochloride, but it can’t be done without all that I mentioned earlier.
  14. Rob93FL

I'm aware of how cocaine is made and washed. I was just pointing out that you shouldn't call it pure cocaine paste with it's not purely composed of cocaine.
  15. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Senior Contributor

I wouldn't even bother with cocaine these days, since the proliferation of synthetics and "research chemicals" - I would venture to say that most of what is being sold on the streets as cocaine is probably one of these. Why bother going through all the trouble to smuggle real cocaine in, when you can go online and order "research chemicals" from China or India which have similar effects, and cost a fraction of the price?

A few years ago when I got hooked on bath salts, I was ordering several grams worth of MDPV at a time via the mail for nearly a year with no hassle. The high was just as good if not better than street cocaine, for a fraction of the price, and it was more consistent.
  16. knitmehere

knitmehere Community Champion

I'd hate to refer to it as such, but I always convinced myself that it was one of the safer options. Though the addiction is obviously still there, I felt better stepping into the world of cocaine than I did that of meth or heroin, and for the little bit of time that I got that high, it was worth it.

It got expensive, but if you paced yourself right, didn't overdue it, and found a way to make the comedown less miserable, then it wasn't so much of a waste. Plus, I didn't ever seem to be the one paying for it anyway.
  17. GenevB

GenevB Community Champion

Generally speaking, drugs are wastes of money, practically you're spending money to destroy yourself, there are ways that costs less to do that. About the subject, cocaine wouldn't be such a waste if your friends found the right distributor who doesn't cut it with anything. However I'm against everything that takes you to another state of mind in which you can't control yourself, like cocaine. A bigger waste of money would be cigarettes, they practically don't give you any high and people still spend lots of money one them monthly.
  18. Rob93FL

Cocaine doesn't always make people uncontrollably hyper and confident. It's actually very easy to control yourself while on cocaine. Also, when it comes to cigarettes, it isn't the high that people are after. It's more of the routine that people are used to.
  19. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

It's an awful lot easier to control yourself on cocaine than it is on alcohol! I'm not condoning cocaine use in the slightest but I have to say that the most dangerous states I ever got into were because of alcohol, never coke.
  20. knitmehere

knitmehere Community Champion

That's always what surprises me about people who've never done cocaine. They assume that the people doing it are like drunks with the control over there mood, actions, thoughts, etc. In reality, I felt more control while on cocaine than any sober day that I've had in my life. Difference is that I just didn't care.