An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine = no pain?

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by moverqaws, Jul 7, 2015.

1. moverqaws

moverqaws Member

Is it true that cocaine causes a person to not feel pain?

Couldn't the same be said for most drugs you take?
  2. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Senior Contributor

Yes, it is true, properly applied and in proper dosage.

Ignore all of the "it's illegal" and "absolutely not". Cocaine and cocaine derivatives are still used as topical anesthetics (and internal, in the cases of derivatives) in America to this date. Legally.
  3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Senior Contributor

When Cocaine is USED BY HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS, they use it to temporarily numb the lining of the mouth, nose, and throat (mucous membranes) before certain medical procedures (e.g., biopsy, stitches, wound cleaning). It is an anesthetic that works quickly to numb the area about 1-2 minutes after application. Cocaine also causes blood vessels to narrow, an effect that can decrease bleeding and swelling from the procedure.

Cocaine numbs the spot that you put it on, that is all. If you are in pain please see your physician. Cocaine is not the way to stop pain and Cocaine is illegal of course if used by you and not by the physician.
  4. tarverten

tarverten Senior Contributor

Coke will numb you, for sure, but it is not a pain reliever per se. There is pain medication, like Vicodin or Oxycontin that will do a much better job. Cheaper too.
  5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Senior Contributor

Nope...Not true. It will temproarily numb soft tissue (like lining of mouth and sinuses) but no more than Lidocaine or any like topical solution. If you're thinking of trying it for something....bad Idea!
  6. shadowsupernature

shadowsupernature Senior Contributor

Your throat will go numb. That's about it. Coke's not worth the trouble. There are MUCH safer ways to negate pain lol
  7. missbishi

missbishi Community Champion

Cocaine will numb dental and emotional pain. I wouldn't recommend it though, it's a bit habit forming...
  8. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Sure.
    But it's going to cause you pain and suffering in the future for sure.
    I would say it delays but magnifies the pain, it's effects will ruin your life.
    missbishi likes this.
  9. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

This is so freaking true. Don't do coke. That's just a bad idea all around.
  10. Matthodge1

It's extremely addicting. It is one of the most addictive substances out there.
  11. Rowe992

Rowe992 Senior Contributor

Yes that is correct and that is why dentists used cocaine on patients when they are doing painful extractions of the teeth. Cocaine is not as evil as people make it out to be, when it is used correctly for the right purposes! Cocaine taken for recreation will not be painless though as the user will suffer the consequences.
  12. nebula

nebula Member

Pain can be a lot of things! Cocaine takes away emotional pain for a while but it comes back ten fold when you come down. Cocaine also numbs your face when you snort it! As for physical pain on the rest of your body, you're still going to feel it if you hurt yourself while you're high on coke. You just may not care as much about it!
  13. Matthodge1

I have heard that people have smashed their hands through glass tables and they never felt it due to the adrenaline rush they were experiencing.
  14. NanouHammie

NanouHammie Member

I would never try anything that can be overdosed on.
  15. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Community Champion

Cocaine, heroin and morphine are all of the used to relieve acute pain, but have to be prescribed and controlled by a health care professional because all of these drugs are highly addictive and very hard to quit.
  16. ZXD22

ZXD22 Senior Contributor

Yes, but only have medical personnel deliver the pain free treatment as you could get addicted to it by accident.
  17. Matthodge1

Well, that means you would never try anything with caffeine because you can overdose on that.
  18. rightct

rightct Community Champion

I've heard people using cocaine for this in the past, and that it's actually one of the main effects of it, though is it really worth it to drain your power and physical appearance just for a mere momentary pleasure? I don't really think so, and my past personal and family experiences have proved it.
  19. Matthodge1

I'm sorry about that. How long did you do coke?
  20. I think it is still used in dental surgery and eye surgery so yes, it is a highly potent local anaesthetic.