An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine Use

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by TheRecovering Addict, Jan 14, 2018.

1. A 20 year old addict. I started at 16. I wouldn't have believed I would be feeling this way. But I want to end my drug use. I can't help myself. I spent my last 40 dollars on half a gram of cocaine. It feels like I am able to do anything. Until the last line has been snorted. Then I go into shakes about 10 minutes after. My head pounds. I have a hard time breathing. The contents of my stomach come up. I ask myself. Why? Why did I choose this life style? Is it my life time trial? I wish I could never do drugs again. I wish sobriety was enough for me. I been to rehab. It was incredible. But 6 months past and here I am again. I am a full blown addict and I hate it.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

@TheRecovering Addict... You have to keep on trying, brother. If you fall down, get back up. Relapse isn't failure. Just keep trying. Even if it takes 100 tries before you find long-term sobriety, it will be worth it. Here's a video that might help you.

3. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@TheRecovering Addict hey there!

just seeing your thread. how are you doing? i'm sorry you are struggling. addiction recovery can be grueling....but it can be conquered! i agree with dean. don't stop trying. reach out for help if you need to..... even think of attending a 12 step group like Narcotics Anonymous.... see a counselor... go to rehab... something!!! Just don't give up on yourself...k?

Hope to hear back from you