An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine vs. Marijuana

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by MrAmazingMan1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Exactly. I could not agree more with this post. What did you experience withdrawals from?
  2. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Senior Contributor

Coke is more physically addictive and makes you crave the high, marijuana is more psychologically addicting and can get people stuck in a routine of weed and nothing.
  3. kirachan

kirachan Member

Cocaine is infinitely more addictive than marijuana. Marijuana does not have any level of physical addiction and low levels of mental addiction while cocaine has, by comparison, much much more potential for addiction. The problem with both drugs, however, is that no matter what you can still get addicted, physically or otherwise. I advise staying away from both.

Stay strong!
  4. Matthodge1

I think that last sentence in the first paragraph is really what should be the main message of this thread. Stay away from both, as they both have negative effects.
  5. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Community Champion

You are comparing a upper and a downer. But from what I see and hear, cocaine is the more addictive. As far as what exact amount? I don't think there is a unit if measurement that is used to differentiate the two. So take everyone's word for it that have already posted. Coke is highly addictive even more so then Weed.
  6. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

Everyone here is on point, coke is orders of magnitude worst then pot.
    I don't promote either, but I would be okay if weed became legal.
    I would fight coke being legal to my last days, it's such an awful horrible drugs it's just pure evil.
  7. Matthodge1

I don't think that anyone is pushing for coke legalization haha.
  8. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

I thought it was an opiate, too. But that makes a lot of sense now that you said it.

Coke is physically addictive ad psychologically addictive. Weed is only psychologically addictive, and even then, its only psychologically addictive every once in a long while.
  9. juno

juno Community Champion

10. JonnyMacdonald

JonnyMacdonald Community Champion

You would be surprised what drug users think up!
    I've come across some strange opinions, some people actually think that legalizing hard drugs would be a good idea.
  11. Matthodge1

Well, I don't think anyone with a sane mindset is going to say that cocaine should be legalized. It really surprises me whenever I see things that you're describing haha.
  12. Matthodge1

The effects of marijuana are much less damaging than the effects of cocaine. There's just so many reasons why the two should not be compared at all.
  13. LilAnn

Portugal legalized EVERYTHING across the board. Its had nothing but positive results.
  14. Matthodge1

Can you link me to a study of some sort?
  15. LilAnn

16. serenity

serenity Community Champion

The synthetic drugs are the ones that are more addictive. Weed is actually just a "natural" drug, and I have smoked it as well and I can vouch that it's really not addictive.
  17. serenity

serenity Community Champion

The synthetic drugs are the ones that are more addictive. Weed is actually just a "natural" drug, and I have smoked it as well and I can vouch that it's really not addictive.
  18. Matthodge1

19. Matthodge1

Definitely have to agree with that. Something that is from Earth is going to be much less addictive than something that is concocted in a lab.
  20. karmaskeeper

karmaskeeper Community Champion

I would say more people smoke pot because it's cheaper, and easier to get. Coke is from what I understand for those that have a little money to spend on it. I know where I come from a lot of people smoke pot.