An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine vs. Marijuana

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by MrAmazingMan1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Matthodge1

Matthodge1 Community Champion

Coke is often known as the celebrities' and businessmen' drug. It's not cheap whatsoever.
  2. lalabee21

lalabee21 Active Contributor

It’s not about amounts, is about what these drugs contain and how they affect your brain that makes you an addict. I would say cocaine is much more addictive than weed, since marijuana is natural and a lot people use it with medicinal purposes and stop using it later without any problems.

Now, have you ever watched how they make cocaine? It’s pretty amazing to see how the coca leafs are only like 1% of the mix. They use cement, gasoil, acetone, and other acids to make cocaine. Besides, distributors always mix it with other stuff to make more money. I think it’s pretty easy to figure out which one is more addictive and more harmful.
  3. Chriswriter

Chriswriter Member

Cocaine is very much more addictive than marijuana and there are recent studies which prove this even more than previously. Marijuana is a dangerous drug and I would advise anyone to stay away from it, but cocaine is heavily addictive and huge damaging. I've seen the effect cocaine has on the persona's of people I'm close to. I've seen people change overnight because of this drug and it's not pretty. Believe me - marijuana is a horrible drug but cocaine is one of the worst known to man.
  4. serenity

serenity Community Champion

@Matthodge1, Have you noticed that Meth users have the most severe physical deterioration? They have bad skin, bad teeth, etc. Really horrible effects. And I wonder why people still take it or try it for new users.
  5. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

You're making an appeal to nature. Synthetic drugs aren't inherently more harmful than natural drugs.
  6. Matthodge1

@serenity they almost look like zombies. It's so awful. I don't understand why anyone would want to do that drug after all of the crap that has been discovered about meth.
  7. Matthodge1

How so?
  8. Rob93FL

I can just as easily name natural drugs that are way more harmful than synthetic drugs. For example, LSD, a semi-synthetic drug, is much less harmful than plenty of natural opiates, scopolamine, etc. Whether or not something is found naturally in nature or created in a lab has no correlation with how harmful the substance is.
  9. Matthodge1

What about tobacco and marijuana and shrooms? Are those more harmful than meth, heroin, crocodile, etc?
  10. Rob93FL

I would argue that tobacco is one of the most harmful drugs out there because of how harmful it is to the respiratory system. Cannabis and mushrooms are very low on the harm scale. With that said, we could pick and choose drugs to compare all day. In the end, it will still be a fallacy to claim that natural drugs are inherently safer than synthetic drugs.
  11. Matthodge1

So you're saying anything else you smoke is not as harmful, including crack and meth?
  12. serenity

@Matthodge1, I think at first curiosity made them wanna try it. Then after they have tried it and they have liked it, they started to crave for it regardless of the bad effects on their appearannce, because the chemical is just simply kicking in that makes them want to consume more of the drug.
  13. Matthodge1

@serenity well, curiosity did kill the cat. I think that pure curiosity and peer pressure are the two reasons that people want to do drugs(besides escapism, but everyone is guilty of that from time to time). What you said would make sense, though.
  14. serenity

@Matthodge1, But you gotta hand the "award" over to meth for effortlessly uglifying the ones taking it! Other drugs won't make your teeth disappear and your skin ugly as hell, not to mention that haggardly zombie-ish look.
  15. Sparkster

Sparkster Community Champion

Crack, or freebase cocaine, isn't too much different to this either. I've seen it have a very similar effect to meth on people who have used it regularly long-term. Meth is a lot worse though. Of course, meth is speed in smokeable form whereas crack is cocaine in smokeable form. I have also been hearing recently that the marijuana dealers in my local city are tampering with their marijuana and experimenting by putting little bits of crack in there to get people addicted. A few years before that they were sugar blasting it to make it heavier and not long before that they were weighing it down with tiny beads of glass. All good reasons to make marijuana legal!
  16. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

I was hoping those would cover all the information. Its insane that no one has heard about this. I knew Amsterdam allowed pot smoking by the time I was 5 yrs old. Yet, I didn't hear about Portugal until I happened to be doing some research on the results of legal marijuana. And since then, I have only spoke to one person who knew about it.
  17. LilAnn

LilAnn Community Champion

this is the most disgusting act I have ever heard of in my life! I'm not exaggerating, either. This should be punishable by death, since its literally a death sentence they're passing down to the customers.
  18. Matthodge1

Even then, though, I don't know how something like that would translate to the United States. There are far more people here than in Portugal.
  19. Matthodge1

I mean, if you think about it, anyone who distributes drugs is carrying on an addiction/eventual death to someone.
  20. Tsky45

Tsky45 Community Champion

I know that cocaine is way more addictive. There's a reason why drug dealers would rather sell crack or cocaine than weed, because it sells faster. If something is selling faster and more fiends are looking for this stuff it's more addictive. I think cocaine effects the part of the brain that produces dopamine. I've went months without smoking weed, see if you can get somebody who uses cocaine to do that.