An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Cocaine vs. Marijuana

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by MrAmazingMan1, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

Cocaine is extracted from the coca plant.
  2. zaerine

zaerine Community Champion

Thanks for the information and I am not aware of that. :)
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Community Champion

I haven't tried neither marijuana nor coke yet. And I am not really looking forward to trying them in the near future. Well, based on what I have been hearing from other people, cocaine is more addictive and dangerous. Smoking marijuana is more like a habit for them, I guess.
  4. dechantajones

dechantajones Active Contributor

Cocaine is a short term stimulate, it wears off fast, whereas marijuana has a calming effect and the high tends to last longer. I would call cocaine an addiction, people that use it have to have it, the urge is great and it runs their lives. A person who uses marijuana is more dependent on the drug. I found that I needed it to give me the urge to eat and to sleep, but I was able to do both without. I think a lot of people classify a drug as addictive based on rehabilitation. Most people that quit marijuana don't require rehab to do so. People that use cocaine almost always need rehab to help them kick the habit.
  5. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Community Champion

Cocaine is a killer, Its a dangerous drug, expensive and short-lasting with real physically addictive properties after only a relatively short amount of time using it. Marijuana is less addictive, how addictive seems to depend on the person taking it, some claim to feel no attachment to it, while others cannot seem to live without it. The UK government classes it as 'habit-forming' which essentially is saying that you will not be able to just stop using it after extended-periods. Theres no doubt that both drugs are commonly used, popular amongst younger people, and they are both likely to reduce the quality of life of the user if used for long periods of time. They're both bad things to start using, but cocaine is clearly the more addictive, and dangerous, of the two.
  6. Rowe992

Rowe992 Senior Contributor

Well I have never tried cocaine and so I can't speak about its addictive powers personally but from what I have read and the documentaries I have watched of cocaine addicts, I can say that I think cocaine is way more addictive than marijuana.
  7. 6up

6up Community Champion

They are all addictive and you are supposed to avoid both drugs. Their availability can determine your addiction. You are likely to be addicted to weed if you live near a supplier than cocaine and vice versa. I remember that I got addicted to weed because it was available here, I have never tried cocaine and there are no suppliers around.
  8. Alright, the amount of misinformation and general lack of education in this thread is how people end up with drug problems. Marijuana and cocaine cannot be even remotely compared. I've tried both, along with damn everything else under the sun sans heroin and methamphetamine, and cocaine is more addictive by a mile.
    To start, just because there seems to be some ambiguity on this among the less experienced drug users, Cocaine is a stimulant. The high lasts around 45 minutes to an hour and a half for the real good stuff. Around here it's generally only around 45-55% purity, but the fun stuff tends to be around 80%. If your guy tells you it's more, and he isn't high up in a south american drug cartel, he's feeding you a line of bullshit, not a line of good blow.
    Cocaine is perhaps the most intellectual high I've found. When it's hit you enough for your nostrils to start dripping that sickly sweet and bitter mucus into the back of your throat, you can feel your mind's potential opening up. A sea of thoughts becomes a river, flowing in one direction, and you have control. More control than you've ever had. You can focus on anything, for hours, with the passion and intensity of a writer finishing the last chapter of a novel or a police officer responding to a call. When I did it on a busy overnight alone in my restaurant's kitchen, I cooked food faster than the waiter could put tickets in, running up and down the line with more speed than I've ever found. I knew what needed to be dropped in the fryer and when, and had every piece of every meal come out at the same time, nice and hot and fresh. The dishes may as well have been off in the corner doing themselves for all the effort they took me, as the restaurant filled up and emptied out twice.
    But **** does it make you want more.
    Like I've said, I've done more than my fair share of experimenting, and anything can be addictive if you learn to rely on it. But cocaine makes you rely on it. It's not that there are withdrawals, at least not until you get way too into coke. When you come down from your first line you find yourself fighting the urge to do another, one of the side effects of the drug is that you want more. It's more than alcohol or cigarettes, it isn't you that wants more as much as it is the drug that makes you want more. You know with that next bump you can think faster, move faster, feel better and feel a little bit more like a god. There really isn't a comparison. That's why I stopped before I had a problem. I'm never touching the stuff again, and it's because it's just too fucking good. It fixes your head and feels like that's where your head should always be, instead of impairing you it makes you feel like you're sober plus.
    Marijuana is about as addictive as gambling. It feels good, and it's easy to get and do without any real immediate health concerns or negative repercussions, but if you do it constantly, and over a long period of time, you can pick up a habit without a doubt. Difference is, nobody's ever sucked dick for weed. It isn't so overwhelmingly euphoric that it will bend what you think is right or wrong, it probably won't lead you to make immoral decisions to get your next fix. If you steal from someone to smoke a bowl, chances are you're already a thief to begin with. It's not hard to quit, it has no withdrawal symptoms, it really is more of a strong habit than an addiction. Try not to smoke to deal with stress or personal problems and you're probably fine.
    Oh, and cut the "It's natural" bullshit about weed. Cocaine is just about as natural, they both come from a plant, although cocaine is extracted from the leaf and marijuana is dried flower bud. Marijuana won't ruin your life, but unless you actually stick to it when you say "Maybe just the one g-bag..." about cocaine, it may very well ruin yours. The drug just begs you to binge on it.
    Regardless, please don't comment in a thread like this unless you actually know what the **** you're talking about.
    PlantWaterer likes this.
  9. Daniel Brain

Daniel Brain Member

Cocaine is a powerfully addictive stimulant drug made from the leaves of the coca plant native to South America. Although health care providers can use it for valid medical purposes, such as local anesthesia for some surgeries, cocaine is an illegal drug. As a street drug, cocaine looks like a fine, white, crystal powder. Street dealers often mix it with things like cornstarch, talcum powder, or flour to increase profits. They may also mix it with other drugs such as the stimulant amphetamine.
    I was searching for last one week on "How long does cocaine stay in our body or urine". I read the bundle of articles but did not find the proper answer about cocaine stay in our body. At last I found a superb/best article for my research "How long does cocaine stay in our body at http://carenician.com/how-long-does-cocaine-stay-in-your-system-or-urine. I read it twice or thrice and fully satisfied with it. I will also recommend you to read this article at least once. I hope it will also help you.
  10. PlantWaterer

PlantWaterer Member

Great post. Misinformation seems to be particularly out of control on this thread. One thing re the “it’s natural” bullshit though: yeah, technically both originate from plants. But obviously cocaine has been highly processed (not to mention the cut that’s been added) by the time it reaches the end user; from plant to lung, weed remains the same unless adulterated in some way by human hands. A comparison of the two is tough because they’re apples and oranges in that respect & in terms of physical/psychological addiction.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  11. True concern

True concern Moderator

Yes true considering you cover the cocoa leave in gasoline and chop it up with a weed whacker for cocaine vs using butane to turn Marijuana into Amber glass or crack rock consistency THC.Yes they are both concentrated with Flammable materials.And you can smoke them both either way i prefer weed in the green form
    deanokat and Dominica like this.