An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Codeine addiction

Discussion in 'Prescription Drugs' started by Jaywyte, Feb 6, 2019.

1. True concern

True concern Community Champion

I have not gone to see the Dr yet because I'm still pretty sick...I know everyone advises against cold turkey detox myself included but I'm deep into one by now and I'm gonna keep going.This is just me talking but I made the terrible decision that put me here so I accept what I'm going through and will see it through till I'm better.Also I wanted to apologize to everyone I have given advice to as I should have been smart enough to realize I shouldn't give advice on how to better your life while mine is upside down, that being said I did it because I care.I am not going to be blaming anyone but myself from here on out I have to move beyond that and stop looking back...........

Sorry I gotta go just found out my dad got broke into again and now my family is completely fuc*ked they took everything he has ever owned.

FUCKK TALK ABOUT WANTING TO SAY FUCKK IT.BUT I WILL NOT.
  2. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Arthur... Sorry you're still sick. And sorry you're going through a cold turkey detox. If you're going to do this on your own, just promise me you'll seek medical attention if things get too bad. I care about you, my brother.

As far as the advice you've given others... No need to apologize for that, my friend. You can be helpful to people even if you are struggling. Honest. Been there, done that. But try to start practicing what you preach. Because YOU are the person who needs your help the most.

Keep moving forward. Don't look back. And know that I am behind you 100 percent. :)
  3. True concern

Thank you and indeed I will and honestly I was practicing what I was preaching and I strayed unintentionally, the reason I apologized was as I was scanning through some post I saw a few comments I believe were to me and one person said I shouldn't be giving advice until I get through this myself,another one questioned my loyalty to my faith,and a few other's but I am trying my best but seeing some of the negative post about me just helped me see they were making far point's and I have refocused on my faith even though I never left or stopped believing I did not make it first in my life for a few month's and I think that has a lot to do with my latest situation so back to the bible and many prayers and I know I will be OK that way.I know there are a lot of thing's I don't see on this forum because I believe a lot of people have blocked me and that's fine but I am not as bad a person as they believe though I can understand how/why they feel that way because I use to post a lot of stupid hateful judgemental type of stuff many year's ago but in many case's I was doing thing's like that because I wanted to die and I hated myself because of the addiction's and now I no longer want to die I just want to get sober and not sick anymore so I can help other's who are struggling because I no longer hate myself,yes I regret many stupid decisions but I can't change the past so I just want to focus on the here and now.....Depression really made me do some ignorant thing's when I wanted to die but I had just lost my wife and it took me down so low I just wanted to be gone,now I see how damn stupid that was so cold turkey detox just this last time and then I will Push forward the way I intended to this whole time. If you speak to joshstillclean tell him I said hello and I'm very proud of him.I thank you my friend simply for being there through the good and bad and I promise once I am no longer sick no more bad just twice the good:).

If I get to bad I will go to the E.R.but I pray it doesn't get there.
    Joshstillclean, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  4. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@True concern you have helped me. I'm new to seeking help. Don't feel like a hypocrite. I hope you aren't doing the cold turkey thing as some sort of punishment. No one deserves that. Usually that just leads to another relapse. Hey, I read, Hang in there and keep on keeping on.
    True concern, deanokat and Dominica like this.
  5. Dominica

Dominica Author, Writer, Recovery Advocate Community Listener

@True concern hey there. so sorry you're sick. i do hope you can feel better soon, and yes, head to the ER if it gets real bad. remember that recovery is a zig-zagging line with ups and downs... you just keep getting up and trying again...making adjustments where you can. you are a good soul, and hey, no one has their life completely together, so don't feel like you have to arrive anywhere before giving encouragement!! :)

sending you big love today!!
    True concern and deanokat like this.
  6. Dominica

and, i'm sorry your about your dad's situation too...
    Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  7. deanokat

Thinking of you today, @True concern. Sending lots of love, light, and hope to you...and your family. Please take good care of yourself!
    Joshstillclean and True concern like this.
  8. True concern

@DoxyMom thank you for being so kind,I am happy to hear that I have helped you in some small way.I am still pretty sick and unfortunately I had to take a pain pill to stall the detox a little bit to eat as I haven't been able to to in about 5 day's or so and it's a good thing I did because as soon as I was able to get up and walk to the living room I found my mom with her blood sugar at 39 and she was shaking and just about to go into a coma so I found her just in time to help save her life again.I feel guilty for taking that pill but had I not I would have never made it to my mom so for me it hurts emotionally to want to be sober so bad but this time I was to sick and that pill gave me just enough to help her.It feels like a trap set on top of another trap but I will do anything to help my mom I am just sad something I hate is what gave me enough functionality to do it.I am going to eat now and continue the detox.STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
    Joshstillclean and deanokat like this.
  9. True concern

Thank you, this time they officially got everything, our inheritance from our grandparents,every last tool he owned,credit cards,social security numbers, checking account info,check book's, hidden fallback on money,everything. We are 30-60 day's away from being homeless if I can't find work quick so I must finish this cold turkey,ignore my emotions and past trauma and just focus on trying to save my family.I have to beat these addiction's this time period there is no more time to try and work through it I just have to do it
    Dominica likes this.
  10. True concern

Thank you my friend I can use all the help I can get right now.Have a blessed day
    Joshstillclean likes this.
  11. deanokat

This is terrible, Arthur. I'm so sorry. I hope you can feel better and find some work soon. Praying hard for you and your family. :(
    Dominica likes this.
  12. Dominica

@True concern bless it... glad you are there to help with your mom.... and sorry you are feeling so awful during this detox.... i am praying as well. i hope that today is better!!! :)

"It will get better, you just gotta make it through the hard stuff first."
    deanokat likes this.
  13. deanokat

@True concern... There is a ladder, and you are not alone. You can find your way out of all of this stuff you're going through. I know you can. And we will help you any way we can.
    Joshstillclean and Dominica like this.
  14. DoxyMom

DoxyMom Community Champion

@True concern all of this is horrible and I hope they catch those thieves. Don't beat yourself up about the pill. Think of it as a wean. Maybe now is a good time to go the MAT route so you are able to work and help your family? Just my two cents. It's hard to work when you feel sick.
    Please let us know how you are doing.
    deanokat and Dominica like this.
  15. liliann

liliann Senior Contributor

On this thread in my email notification (on my internet account) I got this below each notification for this thread. Dean can you look into it...it is a little disturbing don't you think? Someone is hacking into the site?
    <<rest of post deleted>>
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2019
  16. deanokat

Yes, unfortunately people with bad intentions sometimes hack into the site. We do our best to prevent that from happening, but we can’t stop everything. Thanks for calling it to our attention. It’s been taken care of. And I edited your post to remove the information that appeared in the post in question. Thanks, @liliann.
    Dominica likes this.
  17. liliann

liliann Senior Contributor

Thanks!
    I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday Weekend!!!
    xo
    deanokat, DoxyMom and True concern like this.
  18. True concern

Have a wonderful and delightful Easter weekend to each and everyone of you. STAY STRONG AND GOD BLESS
    deanokat and DoxyMom like this.
  19. Dominica

@liliann @True concern wishing both of you a beautiful, blessed holiday weekend! sending BIG LOVE your way!!
    deanokat, DoxyMom and True concern like this.
  20. True concern

Same to you my friend, I hope and pray you and you're family have a blessed weekend :)
    deanokat and DoxyMom like this.