An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Coffee addiction

Discussion in 'Other Substances' started by 333, Dec 30, 2015.

1. deanokat

deanokat DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Nope. Totally serious. Just have never found it appealing. Crazy, I know. I also don't own a cell phone, so maybe I'm just a little bit off. ;)
    stariie likes this.
  2. Tremmie

Tremmie Community Champion

That is true, my fiance and his parents can sleep well even after drinking coffee. And they drink at least 3 cups of it before going to bed. I wondered why they could just do that? After reading your post it all makes sense.
  3. xTinx

xTinx Community Champion

Oh the addiction is definitely there but not so grave as to ruin your life entirely. Still, a cup or two a day would have sufficed and 4 cups is already considered, in several quarters, borderline caffeine addiction. Your consumption will increase as you age so you had better cut back now while you still have a chance. There's no need to do away with coffee entirely. Just limit your intake (your kidneys will suffer if you don't, by the way). Caffeine's diuretic. Too much of it will leave your kidneys gasping for breath. Another thing, since it's an "artificial" energizer, you will have to deal with insomnia one too many times (which could be detrimental to your health if it keeps up).
  4. stariie

stariie Community Champion

No cell phone? How peaceful your world must be:cool:, the no cell phone I can totally understand. I'm a bit anti-cell phone myself, but no coffee? I shudder at the very thought:confused::eek::eek: :).

Got my first cell phone in about 2002. By 2010 I was kind of over it... that electronic leash, so I turned my phone off, stopped paying the bill and left it that way for a while. You talking about peaceful and undisturbed and undistracted:D! So nice! But alas, it didn't go over well with those closest to me, they almost started a revolt!:D
    deanokat likes this.
  5. 111kg

111kg Community Champion

Have you ever thought that maybe it's not an addiction, but rather a habit? For instance, some people drink coffee, just to poop, because they say it helps them go to the bathroom more often. I don't say that this is bad, but I do say that 8-10 coffees per week is not an addiction, but rather a habit.
  6. Vinaya

Vinaya Community Champion

Too much is always bad. Unless you are allergic, cheese is not harmful to your body.However, if you take cheese in large quantity regularly your cholesterol level may rise and it may be a problem. Same thing applies for coffee or tea.