An American Addiction Centers Resource

New to the DrugAbuse.com Forums?Join or

Coke = speed

Discussion in 'Cocaine' started by AMZNBNDL, Sep 24, 2014.

1. AMZNBNDL

AMZNBNDL Member

Nobody can ge tthe real stuff anymore, at least not where IO live. and believe me, i tried.

Most coke aint real. FACT
  2. Joseph

Joseph DrugAbuse.com Community Organizer Community Listener

Hi AMZNBNDL! You make an important point. Geography can certainly play a part in the quality/purity of substances. Not all versions of coke (or any illicit substance for that matter) are created equal, which makes them even more dangerous for people to mess around with. Glad to have you here!
    LaLaLaLaLola likes this.
  3. LaLaLaLaLola

LaLaLaLaLola Member

I think like RecoveryMentor said it might have to do with where you live. There's no shortage of it here and it's definitely real....
    Joseph likes this.
  4. bocat

bocat Member

What difference does it make? You should be trying to recover and not worry about the quality of it. They might be busting all the drug smugglers/dealers also.
    lynzyh28, Nick W. and Joseph like this.
  5. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Senior Contributor

I agree with bocat. If you're using cocaine not for medical reasons, then that's alarming. The high that you are experiencing now might feel good today, but there are consequences. Life is good, enjoy it and don't destroy it. It's just a piece of advice, I hope you don't mind. I'm just concerned.
    Joseph likes this.
  6. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Senior Contributor

I suspect that a majority of what is being sold as cocaine these days is simply synthetic drugs such as MDPV and Mephedrone, or their newest "legal" counterparts. A recent article at Noisey.com did a study where they tested a bunch of supposed Exctasy at a music venue and like 95% of it wasn't even the real thing but rather synthetics too.

The thing is these all feel rather similar, Cocaine and Exctasy and synthetic stimulants all share a lot of the same effects, so it's difficult to notice for sure if it's real or not.

In some ways this could be considered a good thing because synthetics are much cheaper than cocaine and therefore sellers don't need to cut them with as much filler (if any at all) to make money off of them. You may not be getting cocaine but at least it's not cut with crap like baby powder and aspirin and other stuff, nor did it arrive in the US through some really gross way such as being hidden in someone's implants.

Some of the tests I read about with various synthetics showed they were mostly the pure chemical itself, perhaps thinned out with something like dextrose so people doing a typical "line" didn't do too much at once if the straight chemical was highly concentrated.
  7. TheKid

TheKid Active Contributor

I personally think you are better of where you are, the "real" cocaine is much more addictive than any "fake" cocaine. On the bright side you won't get addicted quickly for using those "fake" drugs but as always, there is a dark side, often times I have found that the "fake" product can be much more toxic to your health than the "real" one.
    Jen S. likes this.
  8. Jen S.

Jen S. Guest

Good point, TheKid.
    Do you remember this? People were (and no doubt still are) cutting coke with flesh eating chemicals.
  9. SF13

SF13 Member

After seeing the way my brother would become erratic when he was coming down, how black his mouth was, and the weird jitters he'd have, I'd say it's a good thing not to have real coke floating around in your area. My brother stabbed me with a fork on Thanksgiving. It led to a bad day for him because my nerves were frayed beyond the point of restraint and I ended up hurting him without really intending to. Of course, his drug was 'crack cocaine' so that's not quite the same even if its chemically the same, I think.
  10. Charli

Charli Community Champion

I agree with TheKid. In my opinion, even if the fake one might not be as strong and possibly less addictive, I'd trust the real one a lot more since it's a tested formula. These days with all the synthetic substitutions and additives, it's really dangerous for the people buying them which is why I am for the legalization and regulation of these substances so it would at least be safer.
  11. tasha

tasha Community Listener Community Listener

There are many desperate people out there and they will do anything to make money. Do they care if you die? No, they don't! They care about their money and the fact that they have to provide or suffer the consequences. I have heard of many unfortunate cases one of which killed two teenage kids. A brother and a sister that decided to buckle under peer pressure and took what they were told was cocaine, they died instantly as the product was mixd with other toxins. Drugs will kill you and the choices are it will do it slowly or you might be one of the lucky ones that will have it drawn out and emotionally you will die, physically you will die until there is nothing left for you to experience. The fix wont even feel good anymore.
    Before that happens, know that there is a life out there that has so much more to give you and no matter what the reason for the drug abuse, everything can work out differently, even if you don't believe it can, there is a chance for a better life and the kick you get out of experiencing real action from an event in your future is far better than the kick you get out of the drugs.
  12. jenbeau90

jenbeau90 Member

Oh, dear, that's very worrying. With how scary and addictive drugs are a lot of the time people forget that the substances drugs are cut with can be just as scary if not more so. Every once in awhile you'll hear about a bad batch going around that kills a handful of people before they find it. In those cases, it's not the illegal substance that kills people, but the filler the drug is cut with.
  13. Onionman

Onionman Active Contributor

It's been a long while since I tried either but I agree with some of the earlier postings - it's about trying to recover from it and laying off it, rather than engaging in it.

If we are seeing substitution then it's about the economics of the region that you're talking about. Unfortunately it's not just about rich bankers and lawyers looking for recreational fun. It's across a broader and less protected section of society.
  14. 420nosmoke

420nosmoke Member

From what I understand the coke is higher quality on the east coast of the US because it comes in from Florida and spreads across the rest of the country, generally getting weaker (cut more) as it goes west. Coke is sketchy because it's just a white powder and people cut it with anything and everything. One common tactic is to use lidocaine, a numbing agent, to trick you into thinking the cocaine is higher purity than it really is. Dealers have used all kinds of terrible things to cut their product, like antibiotics, veterinary drugs, baby powder, and who knows what. Ecstasy/"Molly" has a similar problem, where most of the time you are getting something fake. Funny how "molly" was intended to be pure MDMA at first and then it eventually became just another powder/crystal cut or substituted with random stuff. Most of the time it is "research chemical" stimulants but these are mostly pretty new drugs and we know next to nothing about their safety profile. This can be dangerous because you don't know what exact drug you're getting or what dose and you could have a really bad reaction.

Don't even get me started on how bad cocaine itself is for you, it literally kills your heart cells every time you do it. I have tried it a few times and never bothered with it again, I think it is the stupidest drug. You are only high for maybe 20 minutes and then you need more. I can't stand being around cocaine users. Cokeheads are SO annoying and self absorbed and they get so pushy about being the next to get a line. No offense. Just a rant. Cocaine sucks!
  15. vegito12

vegito12 Community Champion

Drugs is never good and may give some highs, but only for the day or few hours afterwards will not feel well. It ruins health,and causes financial problems and families to break cause the one taking drugs is only concerned about drugs and nothing else. There always the need for more of it, and that shows without it you cannot live and the ones selling it only care about the money they make not the lives they ruin in the process. Cocaine is a strong drug, and dangerous as well and no good can come out of using it.
  16. Nick W.

Nick W. Community Listener Community Listener

That was my first thought as well. Does it really matter what horrible substance that's ruining your life you're putting in your body? Focus on the positive.

Let's focus on getting away from all substance abuse, regardless of what's "quality" and what is not. That is after all what the forum is for.
  17. SamClemensMT

SamClemensMT Member

This is possibly the best reason not to take illegal drugs. Years ago in New York City, someone was distributing rat poison to people looking to score heroin. Needless to say many of them didn't survive. I'm sure this sort of thing still goes on. We're not talking about master chemist in the best laboratory facilities cooking up this stuff.
  18. mdaudali

mdaudali Member

That's just.. urgh, I don't even know. Why would anyone even think about poisoning people, let alone take advantage of people who are almost unable to control what they are doing?
    To anyone doing drugs:
    If you are doing drugs, you need to be really careful. There are people who will take advantage of you. Buying impure stuff is even worse than the real stuff (for obvious reasons) since if you do get ill from a bad chemical in there, you will have to go to the GP and tell them about your illegal drug addiction. On the upside, GPs have to have a level of confidentiality (as far as I can remember) and will definitely help you to overcome it.
  19. Rob93FL

Rob93FL Senior Contributor

This is just a reminder to all drug users out there: buy a test kit. When you're buying drugs through the black market, you can never be too sure that what you've purchased is what you intended to purchase. A simple purchase of a Marquis reagent test (or any other reliable test) can save you from a hospital visit.
  20. Determined2014

Determined2014 Senior Contributor

You mean cocaine can be used for medical reasons? I never knew that, I am glad I am learning many helpful points from this site.